rabbit words?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww “high five!” that’s cute. Does she give you a high five after? If I tell my bun no and walk towards her, she still does it ;D
She does! My boyfriend and I have trained her to do both "paw" and "high five". Paw is when we have our hands down, palm facing up like you're about to shake hands and high five is when we have our hand up and palm facing her. She knows which is which!

Trixie knows when she's not supposed to go. When she goes to her favorite corner to try and dig at the blanket (it's to cover the hole where all the cords are), I tell her no and the moment I start moving towards her, she bolts LOL. It's almost like she wants to test me sometimes.

She does! My boyfriend and I have trained her to do both "paw" and "high five". Paw is when we have our hands down, palm facing up like you're about to shake hands and high five is when we have our hand up and palm facing her. She knows which is which!

Trixie knows when she's not supposed to go. When she goes to her favorite corner to try and dig at the blanket (it's to cover the hole where all the cords are), I tell her no and the moment I start moving towards her, she bolts LOL. It's almost like she wants to test me sometimes.

Aww cute :) how long did it take to teach her!

Just like a kid!

My rabbits know:

- Treat treat
- Cage time
- usually their names
- Nei (my doe is named "Bose," so I use the Norwegian form of "no" so as to not get her confused)
- Uppy
- Chip chip

When I was working with my doe's litter box habbits, I had her responding well to "good girl litter box treat treat" (giving treat when she hopped into litter box), but she's much better now.

I try to maintain tone & intonation for better recognition. I repeat words ("treat treat," "bose bose," etc.) because I thought they might latch on to a polysyllabic sound more than a monosyllabic sound. I'm not sure it makes a difference, though.

Actually, I discovered it was the "tr" sound of "treat treat" that triggered my rabbits. I can say "tr tr," even in a whisper, and they recognize it just as well.

My rabbits know:

- Treat treat
- Cage time
- usually their names
- Nei (my doe is named "Bose," so I use the Norwegian form of "no" so as to not get her confused)
- Uppy
- Chip chip

When I was working with my doe's litter box habbits, I had her responding well to "good girl litter box treat treat" (giving treat when she hopped into litter box), but she's much better now.

I try to maintain tone & intonation for better recognition. I repeat words ("treat treat," "bose bose," etc.) because I thought they might latch on to a polysyllabic sound more than a monosyllabic sound. I'm not sure it makes a difference, though.

Actually, I discovered it was the "tr" sound of "treat treat" that triggered my rabbits. I can say "tr tr," even in a whisper, and they recognize it just as well.

That is cool I heard that about tone to! Are you Norwegian?

Aww cute :) how long did it take to teach her!
It only took a few days! We would work on it for half an hour with her each day. And then sometimes before bed time. The key is to be consistent. She listens to me more than my boyfriend though. "Rabbit dad" lets her get away with more so she's more testy with him lol

It only took a few days! We would work on it for half an hour with her each day. And then sometimes before bed time. The key is to be consistent. She listens to me more than my boyfriend though. "Rabbit dad" lets her get away with more so she's more testy with him lol

Wow! Really that awesome that’s fast! She’s one smart bun :)

that is super cool! I do agility with my girl fritz! you should try it.
That's awesome! How do you do agility training with her? Most of what I've seen is the stick with the big ball at the end and they're supposed to follow it.

That's awesome! How do you do agility training with her? Most of what I've seen is the stick with the big ball at the end and they're supposed to follow it.
Nope, she is super treat oriented so if she does what she should she gets a treat, if not we try again.

That is cool I heard that about tone to! Are you Norwegian?

Nope, just a fan of their music :)

Also, I didn't even thing about bags. Nothing draws the rabbits to a person/place more than the crinkle of a bag!

That’s so cute! Same with bunny love I just give her treats to. So far my bunny knows eat, come here, still working on the no but she understands a bit, and when I do the clicky sound she knows to come to me. She knows kiss to she would bring up her head to kiss.

Also the universal language when rice buckets open or the fridge, run fast so you can get the rice that drops to the floor or beg for food.

You can never find a bunny that react faster when they hear the fridge opens xD

My bun will give no **** if the freezer is opened or closed. he will, however, get hyped when he hears food pellets being poured on his nightly base's floor.

Latest posts

Back