Rabbit won't leave heater

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandyK

Reaction score
This may seem like an odd question, hopefully someone can help.

My rabbit is constantly hanging out by the heater in my bedroom. The temperature in my house is perfectly fine, all my other pets are comfortable. I felt her ears and they feel nice and warm. But every time I try to move her from the heater, she goes right back over to it.

I thought maybe she was making it her new "spot" to hang out in the bedroom, but it's not a constant spot - she lays everywhere around the heater, right up against it when possible.

Is this is symptom of anything? I'm overly paranoid about her behaviour because she has immunodeficiency and gets sick quite easily. If she was cold, I would be able to feel it in her ears, right?

I turned the heat up, I gave her more blankets, left the lights on and opened the blinds when I was at work, etc., but she still won't leave the heater. I'm not sure what's going on.

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe she just feels safest there.

My apartment has been about 78*F (approx 26*C) for the past few days so I know my rabbits would want nothing to do with a heater! If I had A/C they'd probably be hanging out by that instead!

I hope someone else can give you better insight.

Every bunny has there own "spot" where they feel secure. Fraggles loves it under the coffee table. Muppet likes to be tucked in the corner near were we keep the books. Sounds like your bunny has just picked her place.

My Dobby, when we first got him and let him out in the living room, loved to lay near our heater register. I did the exact same thing as you are doing. Checked to see if he was cold, shushed him away from the heater vent. He would always go back.

Just like others have commented, it's their safe spot. BTW the heater vent is no longer his safe spot (He's 1 years old). It's now under my chair or my husband's chair in the kitchen.

It's truly wherever they feel safe.

Hope this helps.

K:)

Latest posts

Back