Rabbit With Poopy Butt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little_LongEared_Lover2931

Reaction score
One of my pregnant rabbits has poop surrounding her bottom. She wont' let me touch her. She has gotten very mean durring her pregnancy. Also I have to be careful restraining her be cause she is due in less then a week. Is there something to feed her that will help. I really dont want it to get worse. Also is it possible that its fly strike.

17068_102159_550000000.jpg

If she has a really messy bottom, then it's possible that fly strike will be a concern. Can you have someone hold her, while you clean her?

My big French Lop girl, Cher, is the messiest rabbit...ever!! Her bottom was always a mess. I finally figured out why: her poo balls were too big to fit through the wire on the cage floor, so she'd go and then sit in it. Anyway, I put her on my grooming table (which is a chunk from an old cabinet, with a laminate top). I kept her feet on the carpet piece and then used a water bottle to spray her bottom to get it wet. Let it set awhile, then rub with a paper towel. I also clipped the hair that was messy (mostly at the base of her tail). I just kept doing that, and after 2 days have it almost all cleaned up. There's still staining, so I'm using vinegar/water and cornstarch to try to remove those.

I had the same issue! The vet told me to ease up on the veggies, fruits, and commercial rabbit food. Hay is supposed to make up main part of a rabbit's diet apparently, and it helps poop come out dry.
Maybe you could wrap her in a bunny burrito while restraining her?

Latest posts

Back