Rabbit will not go to the bathroom in one of his houses!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunLover

Reaction score
My rabbit has two houses. one is for fall, winter, and spring and the other house is for summer, He does not go to the bathroom in his summer house but is fine in his winter house. What is wrong? I don't know if he goes to the bathroom some where else or what. Any replies would be helpful

You need to provide more detail about his set up and the exact issue going on. Is he indoors or outdoors? Is this his own 'summer house' and 'winter house' and you are still at the same location, or are you refering to you moving to a different house in the summer/winter. Does he have access to both areas all of the time, or is he now moved to his 'summer' area and only in this location. Is he not going to the bathroom at all, therefore also wouldn't be eating if this was the case? Has he stopped using his litter box? Pictures are very helpful too, in determing what the issue might be.

Sorry about that, He is an outdoor rabbit. He has a hutch for his summer house, He can go in a big pen to hop around when he wants. His winter house is a small house, In a shed\play house. He has half of it. He stays in the winter house at night and the summer house in the day except when It rains\snows. He does not have access to his winter pen unless I open the door. I am about to go on a trip so I can't get a picture rn. BBL (Be back later)

So does he not go to the bathroom at all when he's out in his hutch/pen during the day? And then only goes when you let him back into the shed at night? Is there a different litter box in the hutch than what you have in the shed for him?

Is the litter box movable? If so, you could try moving the litter box he is used to as it has it's scent already all over it. Also do you have it set up the same as the litter box he uses? Is it the same material, do you use a hay rack? Does the other one have a hay rack, is it in the same corner as the other one? Etc. Basically IMO try to mimic the litterbox he uses and see if it works. Maybe even use some of the used litter if all else fails to try to coax him into using the litter box with his own scents. Hope it all works out :)

So does he not go to the bathroom at all when he's out in his hutch/pen during the day? And then only goes when you let him back into the shed at night? Is there a different litter box in the hutch than what you have in the shed for him?
Yeah, thats what I'm saying. He might go to the bathroom somewhere else though and I don't know where. But thats just a guess.
Is the litter box movable? If so, you could try moving the litter box he is used to as it has it's scent already all over it. Also do you have it set up the same as the litter box he uses? Is it the same material, do you use a hay rack? Does the other one have a hay rack, is it in the same corner as the other one? Etc. Basically IMO try to mimic the litterbox he uses and see if it works. Maybe even use some of the used litter if all else fails to try to coax him into using the litter box with his own scents. Hope it all works out :)
Yes, it is movable. He has two of the same litter box, He has a hay bin in his main area and some haying his litter box. I will give his scented litter box to him, Thanks guys

We have had more than 50 rescues--they would usually use whatever pan was convenient to their location and left poop all over the room. We had 2 that would only use the pan in their hutch so they'd save it all up til I put them back in their own hutch and then the flood gates were open big time, Spike pooped 42 times in his pan in the 1st minute he was back in--only time I ever counted. The rest used what was handy as there were 6 pans to choose from.

Bunbun got in the winter house and there was poop and pee in his litter box. I guess he just waits do go in his winter house?! 🤷‍♀️

Latest posts

Back