Rabbit wheezing and sneezing without discharge?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokeLoser

Reaction score

Here is a video of the weird noises my rabbit is making. Two days ago I noticed he'd grunt and even growl a little every time I got close to him, and just a few minutes ago I noticed him wheezing. He can't take a single normal breath. I don't think it's snuffles because I can't see any discharge from his eyes or nose but then what is it?? Perhaps It's just too difficult for me to see as I'm too afraid to get close to my rabbit but I don't see any discharge. We will take him to the vet but I'm still worried and need to know what's wrong now.

Abnormal breathing sounds is not okay, even without discharge. That could just nean there is an infection lower down in the respiratory system. Get to a vet sooner rather than later, breathlessness is a horrible feeling and your rabbit needs medical help ASAP.

I agree with Popcicles. That breathing sounds really bad and could be pneumonia or an obstruction of the airway. If you have an emergency 24 hour vet in your area that has experience with rabbits, I would get your bun to the vet immediately! If it is pneumonia or an obstruction, it can become critical very quickly.

Latest posts

Back