Rabbit walk in garden

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
My old rabbit Jasper who
Many of you know is 10/11 and I often want to let him out in the garden whilst I’m with him but worry too much if he runs too fast to catch. Just wondered if any of you have your rabbit in the garden free like a dog? I would not leave him alone!

In recent years, if I let my rabbits out, I would confine them within an ex-pen as in photo below. This way I can easily get them by shrinking in the ex-pen.

Years ago with one of my early rabbits (back in the early 90s), we had a rabbit that I could let out in the backyard. He was great in that I would just shake the Cheerios cereal box and he would come running back inside and hop in his cage. Back then, it was considered fine to give them some Cheerios as a treat. Now the rabbit community knows better.

Unless your rabbit has some sure response to something in the way mine did, then the ex-pen(s) might be the better -- or at least easier for catching -- option.

1618260656329.png

We used to let our three mini lops run around outside before we got a dog and at the end of the day we (10years and younger kids) would either herd them back to their cage or try and catch them. There were three of us kids so we would corner them and scoop them up. They certainly didn't want to be caught but they also weren't afraid/stressed when we chased them around. Some days they would even be in their cage already.☺️

Latest posts

Back