Rabbit Unbonding Woes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zekeybun

Reaction score
This week, let me tell you.
I had recently about three months ago finally bonded my rather finicky pair. My male, Zeke, a French lop and his newly adopted girl friend, Ava, a lion head mix. Zeke is about a year old and Ava is just under. Bonding was originally difficult but we had a breakthrough of grooming and cuddles and a great friendship but this week they seem to have unbonded , they free roam the upper level of my home and the last two nights I’ve awoke to bunny tornados fur flying loud attack the whole nine. I quickly separated both times and spent talk calming them and assuring it’s okay. Yesterday I tried taking them to a friends for some neutral territory but it didn’t help. Now I’m concerned maybe they just aren’t a good match? We did bunny date before selecting a second rabbit. The shelter offered to keep them both there on neutral ground or to take her back. I’ve had her almost six months it feels sick and wrong to return her to the shelter but I also can’t handle the fact that Zeke keeps getting bit and scratched and is now afraid to leave a corner of the room. I just want them to both have a great quality of life and to enjoy where they are, not be fearful of their roommate. He went from the cuddliest bun to mean and aggressive at times, if he starts getting agitated he’ll attack anything near by and took a good chunk from my hand last night. Just hoping maybe a fresh perspective might help. Any tips or suggestions?

Latest posts

Back