Rabbit tunnel...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard0600

Reaction score
I just thought of something that I should have probably posted here a LOOOONG
time ago...

a month or two after I spayed my rabbits, I bought them a cat tunnel. Which they
absolutely loved! they seriously spend all day running through that thing.

well about 7 months ago i discovered pee in the tunnel (which had soaked through
and got onto my carpet ><!) I quickly washed it and returned it back to it's original
spot, and a week later I discovered pee in it again! enraged about the pee i
confiscated the tunnel and threw it away... well several months later my
girlfriend convinces me to buy another tunnel, which after playing in for a couple of
weeks they pee in AGAIN!

they are both spayed...and potty trained.. and never ever pee anywhere besides
their cage. If you havn't seen any of my earlier posts, Dumbo and Latte are both 2.5
years old, both mini lops. They're allowed to run around my living/dining room 24/7

what should i do? the tunnel is currently washed and placed in a closet..away from
those evil bunnies:X:X:X

My rabbits wee in the tunnels too, even those who are 100% pee litter trained.

I wonder if it goes back to their roots where they would dig the tunnels and wee/spray in them to mark their territory. Maybe this is a territory issue either way they are just being bunnies.

If you are that bothered you could buy plastic tunnels and then just clean the wee out of them as and when needed because it won't soak through to your carpet.

I also have tunnel piddlers... when playing in their cardboard tunnel, they mark their fortress with glee :p

Both spayed/neteured.

Cardboard boxes are an easier tunnel than cloth to clean... just pitch it.

I'd put down a tarp over your rug while you're at it. I'd never risk carpet damage by rabbits. Bunnies are not always particularly carpet friendly.. a plastic shower liner also works for tarping (about 1$ at dollar store)

How about a length of PVC pipe, if your buns are small enough? I've seen 8" pipe at the home improvement store. You could just rinse off the wee...

Latest posts

Back