Rabbit toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
Hi, I need tips on rabbit toys you can make or buy, I’ve tried many diys and toys but haven’t found the right one except the activation ball which you put candy in.

My rabbit have quite a lot of energy and need to get his energy out or he will get daredevil and will do something dangerous when he dosen’t get his energy out.

My rabbit dosen’t like normal chewing toys, he’s not a chewer or digger, but he loves food. So I really need tips and ideas to get his energy out. A little picture on Odin after play time IMG_3717.jpg

Is he a tosser or a chaser? Rope toys are really fun for that. My Fridge even plays tug-o-war with them. I also had a bun years ago that loved to knock things over - for a while we just used empty water bottles, but then we bought him a cheap plastic bowling set made for kids. He'd knock the balls around a bit, but he had a blast knocking the pins over. Hope these ideas help!

He’s more after food, tried most toys, he have different chewing toys and tosser toys and toys he can knock over.

You can say he’s a food crazy bun even thought he’s small.

I have the toy on the picture but my bunny manage to eat all the stuffing without have to gnaw the tree :/

Attachments

• 813045DB-03A4-4E89-B5E2-EE0C56BBEC35.jpeg
    813045DB-03A4-4E89-B5E2-EE0C56BBEC35.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 5
Some Good Diy food toys are toilet papper rolls stuffed with hay, a brown paper bag stuffed with hay, the "veggie line" I like to call it (twine/sisal with clothes pins holding pieces of veggies), another thing you could do is make a digging box and put food in the bottom to get that energy out.

As of good bought food toys are a carboard tube with stuffed hay (local Walmart sells for like $2), treat rollers (have to move the ball around and some treats will fall out), and intellectual games (one on amazon, forget the name, they have to move the pieces around in a puzzle fashion to get to the food, starts at one piece and moves upto 4 I believe)

Thanks for tips, I’ll be buying the living world toss N treat, seem like something he can play with.

Your rabbit is adorable! Reminds me of a rabbit I use to have. What breed is your rabbit? Brent and Sharon

My rabbit it’s a pure breed Netherland Dwarf rabbit :3

I thought it was. We had one named hiphop he lived over 13 years! Brent and Sharon

Hi! :)

I just ordered the first toy for Maxi- a treat ball, a solid yellow plastic ball with red peppers embossed in the yellow. While I was researching and thinking about the subject, together with other times I had felt Maxi was trying to navigate my choices, I started to understand that rabbits are in fact intelligent in the sense of requiring specific, high-quality products. Once, months ago, Maxi had a wooden puzzle cube with which he played, if so, by rolling it toward himself, so I decided that the first toy could be a real treat-ball. I also think DIY is an option for everything for your rabbit, but factory-made I find could be best, because the items themselves carry specific information for our animals of how the item is made, what are the exact material, one whole universe into itself for them is to have something made in an organized, deliberate way.
In three days I will find out wheather my choice was correct or a mistake.
Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Last edited:
Dear Hermelin, you have a very sweet rabbit.
I think I have the same blouse in the same colour, from H&M. :oops:

The treat ball works great for my little rabbit and I hope your rabbit will enjoy it :)

I bought my blouse from monki :D

Oh, and we have a soft toy that looks like a bunny, and they lick its ears and tail every day, often several times a day. I think they know it's not a real bunny, but they look after it 'just in case'.

Thanks for tips, the cardboard sofa looks fun, I only think my bunny will just lay in it xD

Tried have a plushie in his cage, he was scared of the plushie rabbit so I had to take it out from his cage. But he loves cuddle up with huge teddy bears.

Dear friends,

To update you on how Maxi has received his treat-ball toy, the ball has regularly been filled with treats and Maxi likes to roll the ball around, knowing there will be treats left on the floor.
That sofa looks inviting.
I think Maxi misses a real rabbit-friend, a mate, but hopefully I can be a partial substitution. :)

Latest posts

Back