Rabbit Thumping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabits

Reaction score
I was just petting my rabbit and he seemed fine, after about 3 seconds of me not petting he went away from me to his mom (bonded pair) which is about 4 ft from me. After this he stomped at me, I’m not sure why? Was it because I was too close to his litter box? I was about 1 foot close to it
pls help thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9401.jpeg
    IMG_9401.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
It might be he wasn't happy that you stopped petting him. Or, if you had picked him up to pet him, he may have been thumping his irritation at being picked up. Rabbits don't normally like being picked up.

don't fret bunny stomps too much. Rabbits don't always stomp because they're upset and even when it is an upset stomp they get over it very quickly. My current rabbit stomps just before he takes off in a fast dash across the room, almost as if he's a car revving his engines before peeling out of a parking lot. My last bunny stomped when she wanted me to pay attention to her or what she was doing. You can sometimes figure out what they're stomping about by watching what the rest of their body is doing. When my last rabbit tried to warn me about a centipede that had gotten into the bed, she was standing up with her ears high and nose going like nuts. When she would stomp because she was upset her ears would be back with her body hunched as she gave me a glare. Sammie revs his engine with stomps while his ears are forward and his body is bunched up to run. If the rabbit is REALLY upset with you they'll flick their heels at you as they run away - which is the rabbit way they stick up their middle fingers when they're upset.

Latest posts

Back