Rabbit thumping.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThumperParadise

Reaction score
I was watching videos of bunnies and then my bunny saw the rabbit and thumped 3 times. I dont understand why she did this because the rabbit in the youtube video was not in the room. Can somebody explain please 😕

That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought that rabbits recognize a rabbit on a screen. On the other hand, their view is mostly 2D anyway.

That she reacts confused by seeing an unexpected rabbit that isn't really there doesn't sound off, I mean, I would jump too if I saw a ghost :D

Need to do some experiments ;)

I mean, my mom's dog used to bark at the TV when those adopt a dog commercials come on. So it's really not that odd for a rabbit to do that. But that also depends on the situation. How big is the TV/Monitor used? Was the audio through headset or speakers? How loud was the sound? Was she asking for attention instead, maybe?

I mean, my mom's dog used to bark at the TV when those adopt a dog commercials come on. So it's really not that odd for a rabbit to do that. But that also depends on the situation. How big is the TV/Monitor used? Was the audio through headset or speakers? How loud was the sound? Was she asking for attention instead, maybe?
It was on a computer so the screen was not that big. It was through the speakers but it wasn't loud. Im sure she wasn't asking for attention , because as soon as she saw the rabbit she ran away and then thumped.

The cat we had as a child used to watch the old TV program "Lassie".

Any other old folks here will remember the opening theme started with the main character, Timmy, whistling and calling "Laaaasie!". Smokey (the cat) would hear this and come running and sit in front of the TV.

The cat we had as a child used to watch the old TV program "Lassie".

Any other old folks here will remember the opening theme started with the main character, Timmy, whistling and calling "Laaaasie!". Smokey (the cat) would hear this and come running and sit in front of the TV.
That is so cute! Old folks? I'm only 14 and I loved this show as a kid! I can still remember the theme song 😂

It was on a computer so the screen was not that big. It was through the speakers but it wasn't loud. Im sure she wasn't asking for attention , because as soon as she saw the rabbit she ran away and then thumped.
Maybe she thought you were cheating on her with YouTube bunny videos. 😂 Just kidding. But still. She probably did it as a warning to the video bunny, saying "This is my land. Go away."

Latest posts

Back