Rabbit Thumping (more than usual)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquaspiral

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm not sure if I should put this in the medical section or behavioral section. My rabbit is almost 2 years old, is neutered, he has been eating, drinking and pooping well. This morning he has been thumping almost non-stop. He is still eating and drinking etc. normally. He is partially free-roam as he has his own bedroom and he gets lots of attention. He is thumping on his human family members and this is very abnormal for him. Does this mean there is some medical issue? Is he in pain? He seems very scared but I don't see any environmental changes or any new stimuli.

Please help and advise

Okay...I'm guessing he was just really scared of something that I couldn't hear. He finally calmed down after lots of cuddles, treats, and calming music. I am still not sure what triggered it, but as long as he is feeling okay, is pooping, peeing, eating and drinking well I will just try my best to keep him comfy and calm

Glad he is doing better now. It was probably a new smell, item, etc that scared him. I would make sure he has lots of places to hide so he doesn't freak out again.

Rabbits have very acute senses, so they can hear and smell things that we can't. I would suspect he either heard a strange sound or smelled something he wasn't used to. Even a spider in a rabbits area can set them off. So it can be something we would consider minor or not even notice.

Latest posts

Back