Rabbit teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ariana

Reaction score
I’m not certain on teeth yet. He eats fine , eats hay and is drinking but he doesn’t chew on anything else. I noticed him grinding his teeth more then normal and didn’t know if it was a sign they are too long? To me the bottoms seem long. I will attach a photo
. 432ADCD1-6C68-40BF-83A3-BE9B0B0F18E7.jpeg CA5618DD-1BF5-41B1-9D34-8F9862C2F7A5.jpeg

If he is eating a good amount of hay, it should be OK that he doesn't chew on other things like wood -- My rabbit has no interest in chewing on things aside from hay, and he's been able to sustain his teeth well. He used to not be able to, in which case he had his teeth grinded down once per month, but once we worked together to get his hay consumption up, he's been doing great.

That being said, those teeth look long to me.. but I'm used to seeing a netherland dwarf's teeth, so those may be fine for a larger rabbit? If you are noticing teeth grinding and other discomfort signs, I would recommend seeing a rabbit vet and having him/her assess properly whether the teeth need to be grinded down.

Thank you all! I took him to the vet and turns out all of his teeth are perfect and he actually had a stomach issue instead ‍♀️.

Latest posts

Back