Rabbit suddenly very calm and friendly?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
Ok, this is a bit of a long one. I got my 4.5 month old mini Rex, Rémy, when he was 10 weeks. He’s not aggressive or skittish, but very cautious. Makes sense since we just got him. For the last 3 weekends, we’ve been back and forth taking him with us to parents and back etc. since we had some family events. We’re finally back in our apartment for good and all of the sudden he’s super calm. He flopped 3 times, let me scratch his head and pet him anywhere, touch his belly, his feet, etc. I’m definitely an anxious person and any change in behavior freaks me out so I always gotta post here. Is this just him being happy he’s home? We had to keep the poor bun in the bathroom (with a nice sized pen, two litter boxes, plenty of hay and water, and great toys but still) alone and he wasn’t super into it. He’s eating regular but his poop smells. Regular pellet poop, black on outside, green, dry and crumbly on inside but with a strong smell. Maybe that was just from the ride (12 min) since he never poops in his carrier? One last thing, before we left, one of my nephews picked him up and Rémy kicked himself out and fell on his side from about 2 feet. I was so so sad for him and worried. He hopped away fine (although a little mad) and has binkied, hopped, been eating normally since then.

I feel like this was just an anxious bunny owner rant that probably seems silly but if any pros out there want to just give me some pointers that would be great.

You took him to neutral places where his scent was nowhere, so now he's clinging to you for comfort. It was the same for me the first time I got my buns to the park/vet. You can use this if one day, a change of season make him suddenly nervous and aggressive and willing to protect his territory, like it can happen. Bring him to a neutral place, you'll see him trust you again.

I don't think the way his poop looks is something to worry about, as long as it's not diarrhea. And it seems he wasn't injured by that fall? If you're really worried, get him checked by a vet, just in case. You should anyways, every 6 month if possible.

Latest posts

Back