Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryne

Reaction score
My rabbit has not been eating her pellets. The brand is BMEG integra 3000, which is a multianimal pellet brand in the philippines. She stopped eating them since last month but is continuously eating hay and I'm giving her fresh veggies like romaine lettuce and fruits like apples. I've been think that I'll put something sweet (?) like apple scent on the pellets to increase her appetite but I don't know if it's going to work.

Any suggestions for pellets she'll definitely love? I'm eyeing for Mazuri pellets but is it a good choice?

Just from my own experiences sometimes my bun would get bored of pellets and sometimes the greens I give her, I usually give her romaine lettuce and a tiny bit of pellets in the morning and night. Usually I try and switch it up with other greens that are safe for them, but my bun has always gone back to loving her pellets, maybe lessen how many you are giving your bun and switch to mostly greens for a few days and see how they do on that, and then slowly start giving your bun pellets again after a few days! That worked for me and my bun grew to realize how much she loved the pellets again! For any suggestions on which pellets to get I'm not an expert on them but I hear Oxbox the company makes some good pellets maybe try there! Also another suggestions is maybe try seeing if your bun likes herbs or herb mixes if you find ones safe for them some buns love the smell of them and will devour their food in no time! I know the website BinxBox has some good herb mixes in their boxes!

From what I know Pellets aren't that important in a rabbits diet. If she is eating hay and veggies she's good. I'd she stops eating hay then u should be concerned. Mabey she just got bored of the Pellets. Just be sure that she has hay 24/7

I would recommend oxbow Pellets or bunny Pellets. I have tried both and I prefer oxbow.

From what I know Pellets aren't that important in a rabbits diet. If she is eating hay and veggies she's good. I'd she stops eating hay then u should be concerned. Mabey she just got bored of the Pellets. Just be sure that she has hay 24/7

I would recommend oxbow Pellets or bunny Pellets. I have tried both and I prefer oxbow.
Thank you for your reply! I'll check on that brand and go back here if my bun likes it.

Just from my own experiences sometimes my bun would get bored of pellets and sometimes the greens I give her, I usually give her romaine lettuce and a tiny bit of pellets in the morning and night. Usually I try and switch it up with other greens that are safe for them, but my bun has always gone back to loving her pellets, maybe lessen how many you are giving your bun and switch to mostly greens for a few days and see how they do on that, and then slowly start giving your bun pellets again after a few days! That worked for me and my bun grew to realize how much she loved the pellets again! For any suggestions on which pellets to get I'm not an expert on them but I hear Oxbox the company makes some good pellets maybe try there! Also another suggestions is maybe try seeing if your bun likes herbs or herb mixes if you find ones safe for them some buns love the smell of them and will devour their food in no time! I know the website BinxBox has some good herb mixes in their boxes!
Thanks for your reply! Surely noted!

You can also try doing enrichment with the pellets. But yes, it is possible your rabbit got bored with the pellets, as KayDai said, and it's not really as important for their diet as hay is, as Blackiesowner said. If Oxbow is available in the Philippines, definitely get their products. I couldn't see on their website if they have distributors in the Philippines, but that doesn't mean a thing, to be honest. You'll want to make sure you go for pellets that do not contain corn. The Oxbow pellets I bought is the Organic Bounty. There's also Garden Select, Simple Harvest, and Essentials. Depending on age, if she is younger than a year old, get the young rabbit. Older than 1 year, get the adult rabbit pellets. Slowly transition her onto them, also try ways to enrich her with them, too. Such as hiding some pellets in toys or something. But this is only based on whether the Philippines has Oxbow. If they do not, then my initial suggestion about making sure the pellet you do get do not contain corn. Corn is not healthy for rabbits.

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I saw this product on Shopee (an online shopping site.) The reviews are all good. Is this the one I should buy?Screenshot_20220302_095447.jpg

Please don't continue to try and feed your rabbit the BMEG food. It's not an appropriate rabbit food. It has corn as the primary ingredient, and meat products(the one that I'm finding on the internet), and is really more of a chicken feed maybe, or maybe mice, but definitely not rabbits that are herbivores.

The Mazuri timothy pellet would be a much better choice, but if you can get the Oxbow Adult rabbit food, that is better than the Mazuri. Pellets should be limited in amount, based on your rabbits size, but good quality grass hay should be the main part of a rabbits diet and is the best thing for them. If your rabbit is doing well and maintaining a good body condition and weight on the hay and veggies, then pellets aren't necessary and it's up to you if you want to add them into your rabbits diet. If your rabbit isn't maintaining health and a good weight on the hay and veggies, then adding a good quality pellet like Oxbow, would probably be good to do.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/pellet-food.html

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I saw this product on Shopee (an online shopping site.) The reviews are all good. Is this the one I should buy?View attachment 59432
I feed my bun this but for young rabbits cuz he isn't an adult yet. If your rabbit is 6 months and up you should give them the adult one. If not you should give the young one. My rabbit loves these and goes absolutely crazy for them!

I feed my bun this but for young rabbits cuz he isn't an adult yet. If your rabbit is 6 months and up you should give them the adult one. If not you should give the young one. My rabbit loves these and goes absolutely crazy for them!
Okay! I will try and purchase it. My bun is a year old btw :))

Buns don’t really need pellets. Mine have been pellet-free for a few months now and do better without them than with them. They have a lot more energy and are more affectionate.

Oh wow 🥺 Snowball last ate pellets a month ago and she's also doing good. She loves to run around the house.

We have never fed our buns pellets. They are given timothy hay, ti leaves, and certain vining weeds, which they love. Occasional treats are a few grains of oats, a bite of banana or banana peel, and ti stems for a chew. They all love this diet and are thriving on it.

My rabbit has not been eating her pellets. The brand is BMEG integra 3000, which is a multianimal pellet brand in the philippines. She stopped eating them since last month but is continuously eating hay and I'm giving her fresh veggies like romaine lettuce and fruits like apples. I've been think that I'll put something sweet (?) like apple scent on the pellets to increase her appetite but I don't know if it's going to work.

Any suggestions for pellets she'll definitely love? I'm eyeing for Mazuri pellets but is it a good choice?
She probably got tired of the pellets you were using. (This is a late time to post on this tread)

She probably got tired of the pellets you were using. (This is a late time to post on this tread)
Nope. Rabbits aren't like humans. They don't tire of foods. The only reasons they will refuse to eat pellets that they are used to eating is if something is wrong with the pellets (bad, old, inappropriate etc) or something is wrong with the bun (dental issues, upset tummy, stress, etc.). In the OP's case, it appears it was a feed (wrongly) marketed for rabbits but in actuality not appropriate for rabbits.

Nope. Rabbits aren't like humans. They don't tire of foods. The only reasons they will refuse to eat pellets that they are used to eating is if something is wrong with the pellets (bad, old, inappropriate etc) or something is wrong with the bun (dental issues, upset tummy, stress, etc.). In the OP's case, it appears it was a feed (wrongly) marketed for rabbits but in actuality not appropriate for rabbits.
I saw a video and it said that's what happened to her bunny. She switched pellets and her rabbits ate them and loved them

Latest posts

Back