Rabbit stomping his feet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
We brought our outdoor bunny in in a new cage following the death of our other rabbit she was housed with outside. However Jasper our indoor rabbit is interested in her but we House in his own cage. He’s been banging his feet a lot and wondered why? The doe was recently spayed and a Jasper is not plus he’s too old at 10 to be neutered. Just wondered why he’s behaving angry. I am worried to put them together he’s very big lions head.

I don't necessarily think your bun is angry although I don't seem to understand your situation properly... If you bun is stomping its' feet he/she is most likely thumping which is a noise that buns make when they hit their feet on the ground, they often do it if they can hear something (in your situation perhaps he can hear the female rabbit) they can sense danger or if you annoy them (for example my bun used to thump after we clipped his nails)

My friend had 2 rabbits, female (housed outdoors) and male (indoors rabbit). They used to play together in day time while supervised because they both were not neutered. So when boy rabbit was in his cage and wanted to get to his female friend he was doing a lot of thumping.

Imho that's not about fear or anger in that situation, but about tension and frustration because he can't get to the girl. It's like dangling the proverbial carrot in front of his nose.

Yes I think in my case he was angry not being allowed to be with the female. I am going to try them out in the garden pens for short supervised sessions so they get to know each other more. This will help us to confirm if they are compatible. Then put them together in a new cage. She’s spayed but the Male was a rescue rabbit I have had for 17 months. Vet thinks he’s a old rabbit 9/10 and not neutered. Too old to under go such an op.

Yes I think in my case he was angry not being allowed to be with the female. I am going to try them out in the garden pens for short supervised sessions so they get to know each other more. This will help us to confirm if they are compatible. Then put them together in a new cage. She’s spayed but the Male was a rescue rabbit I have had for 17 months. Vet thinks he’s a old rabbit 9/10 and not neutered. Too old to under go such an op.

Wow, 9 or 10 is an old Grandpa rabbit, I wonder if he can still "get it up" at that age, haha.

Latest posts

Back