Rabbit still not eating after spay since 2??! Worried

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
Hi my rabbit hasn’t ate anything after surgery! Since 2pm it’s 7:17 right know is this normal? She sits in the same spot too since we got home!

Hope she have started to eat and every thing went well. I know my buck when he was neurtered I had to force feed him the first day, so he at least got water and bit of food.

I also bought everything he loves eating to try find something he would eat. So I spoiled him a lot after being neurtered.

He was slow and down for a week, he didn’t get any pain medication. But after that he was back with energy. But doe take a longer time and I hope you got pain meds for her.

Hope she have started to eat and every thing went well. I know my buck when he was neurtered I had to force feed him the first day, so he at least got water and bit of food.

I also bought everything he loves eating to try find something he would eat. So I spoiled him a lot after being neurtered.

He was slow and down for a week, he didn’t get any pain medication. But after that he was back with energy. But doe take a longer time and I hope you got pain meds for her.
Yes thank you she started to eat a little bit more this morning! :) she’s getting spoiled too lol

Takes several days for rabbits to feel 100% post surgical procedures. Takes a while for anesthesia to get out of their system. 'Tis great to hear you're being observant and lathering on the love!

Following up on Hermelin's Q: Did your DVM give you 5 days of pre-filled meloxicam (metacam) in oral syringes for your polish girl?

It's not unusual for it to take some time for them to get back to eating. But if she isn't back to eating a good amount with in 24 hours since she last ate(pre surgery), then you will need to talk to your vet about when to start syringe feeding(and get the feeding mix and instructions from them).

One thing often forgotten is making sure to keep them warm post surgery, with some sort of warm pack for them to sit on or next to. If your rabbit is going to chew it or be left unsupervised with it, make sure it is rabbit safe. Following anesthesia, rabbits have a hard time regulating their body temp. Keeping them warm will also help to get them back to eating sooner as a rabbit that is hypothermic isn't likely to want to eat.

Latest posts

Back