Rabbit spraying in one area?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mei

Reaction score
So my new bun Yuki, she is a year old, she got spayed on November 23th and for some reason she's obsessed with spraying and pooping in the area BEHIND our bedroom door. Its kind of hard to block that area off since the door is there and even if I put a litter box there, she sprays and poops in the other small corner in that particular area. (If that makes sense lol) idk what to do. The onion icky type smell gets to me lol I keep cleaning the area with vinegar and baking soda, then tried nature's miracle and nothing is helping , any advice would be SUPER appreciated, thank you 🤎🐰

It’s only been two weeks since she was spayed and it can take up to six or even 8 weeks for rabbits hormones to go down properly (at least mostly). For now, I would just keep her in a smaller space so that she can’t spray pee around the whole house (sounds gross), at least until it’s been 4-6 weeks after her spay.

Other than that, I would just keep picking the poops up, and putting them in the litterbox, the same with the urine. And then clean it with vinegar and baking soda (it might take a few times before it’s properly cleaned).

It’s only been two weeks since she was spayed and it can take up to six or even 8 weeks for rabbits hormones to go down properly (at least mostly). For now, I would just keep her in a smaller space so that she can’t spray pee around the whole house (sounds gross), at least until it’s been 4-6 weeks after her spay.

Other than that, I would just keep picking the poops up, and putting them in the litterbox, the same with the urine. And then clean it with vinegar and baking soda (it might take a few times before it’s properly cleaned).
Thanks for the input! I was thinking the exact same thing! I will continue to clean the areas and make her a smaller cozy space!

Latest posts

Back