Rabbit sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeanutsBunny

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a holland lop, about 3 months old. She has started sneezing when she's sleeping. She doesn't sneeze when she's awake. It's only one or two.sneezes.while she.sleeps. she doesn't have any discharge or matted paws. I should mention that she has started to sleep under my bed. I sweep under there everyday but could there still be dust that's causing the sneezing? should i call the vet or is this normal? I just got her and I'm really worried about peanuts. Thanks for your help!!

Hey, I have the same problem. I just got my rabbit Teddy 6 days ago. Everythings fine, i just dont know why he is sneezing. He just turned 12 weeks old and hes a holland lop, like peanut. In my prediction, i think it is the dust, maybe were Peanuts sleep its to cold. My Teddy sleeps under the bed, just like peanut. They have alot in common.

Hey, I have the same problem. I just got my rabbit Teddy 6 days ago. Everythings fine, i just dont know why he is sneezing. He just turned 12 weeks old and hes a holland lop, like peanut. In my prediction, i think it is the dust, maybe were Peanuts sleep its to cold. My Teddy sleeps under the bed, just like peanut. They have alot in common.
I called my vet. She told me it's probably the cold as well. The temperature inside is about 55 if i had to guess since i don't have a temp reader. I've read that this is actually a comfortable temperature for rabbits, but I've put down some blankets just in case. Hopefully that'll help. If not, i'll buy a heater.

I just searched this question because I just adopted a Holland Lop and similar issue ... did you ever discover the issue? Solutions? Hope you and Teddy (my bun's name as well!) are doing great!

Our lil Cocoa just went to the vet on Monday for a well check up. He has been sneezing some as well with no other symptoms. . . our vet said he may just be getting used to his new home or have some allergies. . . he is eating, drinking, pooping, and peeing just fine. He is healthy and playful. His lungs, breathing , and heart were great. If your bunnies are otherwise acting like their normal bunnyselves and you don't notice discharge from the sneezing it's probably nothing to worry about. :)

Our lil Cocoa just went to the vet on Monday for a well check up. He has been sneezing some as well with no other symptoms. . . our vet said he may just be getting used to his new home or have some allergies. . . he is eating, drinking, pooping, and peeing just fine. He is healthy and playful. His lungs, breathing , and heart were great. If your bunnies are otherwise acting like their normal bunnyselves and you don't notice discharge from the sneezing it's probably nothing to worry about. :)
Thank you! Is Cocoa a lop? I ask because a number of posts here re: sneezing were about lops ... wondered if it is breed-related as they have slightly flattened little faces ...!

Thank you! Is Cocoa a lop? I ask because a number of posts here re: sneezing were about lops ... wondered if it is breed-related as they have slightly flattened little faces ...!
Cocoa is actually not a lop.

He is a rex. I think it might just be a bunny thing, but I am not a vet.

Your rabbit could have an upper respiratory infection, which may manifest with runny nose, runny eyes, and sneezing. It could also be a lower respiratory infection, which would include symptoms like loud breathing. Rabbits with lower respiratory infections may also that stick their noses up when breathing. But as you say that sneezing is not so much, then try to clean the place where your bunny sleeps or make another place which is clean and tidy where she would like to sleep. Then monitor again her. If you find this again then you should visit vet. Because sometimes a dental problem causes this. Sometimes a piece of food may enter into their nasal passage and then sneezing happens. So you should visit a vet and try to keep her away from any watery place. Don't forget to check if she is laying on her own pee or not. Because wet place is not good for them.

Attachments

• 75324992_280586156191465_7492487275429577723_n.jpg
    75324992_280586156191465_7492487275429577723_n.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 2
I originally thought this was my post. Sorry... When we took our bunny to the vet he checked out well. I agree if possible in getting them a check up.

Latest posts

Back