Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mar1233ma

Reaction score
Hello I have a Rex bunny and he started to sneeze sometimes is it normal or it’s a problem?

Whether a rabbit sneezing is normal or not depends on a couple factors. If it's an occasional sneeze (<5 a day maybe with no other symptoms), then it likely is reaction to dust or something. When frequencies are higher, and especially paired with nasal discharge, wheezing sounds, or runny eyes, then it is more likely to be something like an upper respiratory infection. URIs and other ailment-related reasons for sneezing do require veterinary assessment to properly treat. You can see here for lists of rabbit vets: Choosing a rabbit veterinarian - WabbitWiki , and here for information on URIs specifically: Snuffles - WabbitWiki

Okay Tank you so much🌸,they don’t have any other of this symptoms

Hello I have a Rex bunny and he started to sneeze sometimes is it normal or it’s a problem?
My rex does it sometimes, when there is a lot of dust around! U might wanna see if there is a lot of dust around your bunny!

My rex does it sometimes, when there is a lot of dust around! U might wanna see if there is a lot of dust around your bunny!
Tank You so much for answering but there is not dust I clean there house every day

Sometimes hay can be dusty. Or a piece of hay (or fur) can get in their nose and tickle it, causing them to sneeze. With sneezing, keep an eye out for any discharge that is not clear. Clear discharge isn't much to worry about (unless it is excessive).

@John Wick and @Blue eyes, I've been reading through posts about sneezing and before I schedule a vet visit, I wanted to see what you all thought.

Our buck, 6 months old, has had small sneezing fits since we've had him (5-10 times a day, usually only 2-3 sneezes at a time). It has not gotten any worse since we've had him. It happens sometimes at the food bowl and sometimes when he is just standing or laying around. I'm on a trip with them and able to observe them more throughout the day. He has no runny nose, no matted hair on his paws. The only thing I've noticed is an occasional small bit of yellowish mucus on his nose; not every time - maybe once a day. I did notice a very small amount of matted hair below his nose this morning.

That said, do you think its worth a vet visit or are we overprotective bunny parents?

Latest posts

Back