Rabbit sneezing

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Mar1233ma

Reaction score
Hello I have a Rex bunny and he started to sneeze sometimes is it normal or it’s a problem?

John Wick

Reaction score
Whether a rabbit sneezing is normal or not depends on a couple factors. If it's an occasional sneeze (<5 a day maybe with no other symptoms), then it likely is reaction to dust or something. When frequencies are higher, and especially paired with nasal discharge, wheezing sounds, or runny eyes, then it is more likely to be something like an upper respiratory infection. URIs and other ailment-related reasons for sneezing do require veterinary assessment to properly treat. You can see here for lists of rabbit vets: Choosing a rabbit veterinarian - WabbitWiki , and here for information on URIs specifically: Snuffles - WabbitWiki

Mar1233ma

Reaction score
Okay Tank you so much🌸,they don’t have any other of this symptoms

bunbunadri

Reaction score
Hello I have a Rex bunny and he started to sneeze sometimes is it normal or it’s a problem?
My rex does it sometimes, when there is a lot of dust around! U might wanna see if there is a lot of dust around your bunny!

Mar1233ma

Reaction score
My rex does it sometimes, when there is a lot of dust around! U might wanna see if there is a lot of dust around your bunny!
Tank You so much for answering but there is not dust I clean there house every day

Blue eyes

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes hay can be dusty. Or a piece of hay (or fur) can get in their nose and tickle it, causing them to sneeze. With sneezing, keep an eye out for any discharge that is not clear. Clear discharge isn't much to worry about (unless it is excessive).