Rabbit show jumping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issyorabbit

Reaction score
Post photos of your rabbits show jumping or give your opiions on the idea of it.

11j_rabbitshow.jpg

I think it's an interesting idea but I don't see how you can train a rabbit to do that on "command". I really don't know how that would work. Nic pic!

Is that a picture of your rabbit, Issyo?
Because I have seen it many times on Google Images, and elsewhere...

Anyway, I train and compete in rabbit hopping and I've been doing it for 4 years now. Actually, my only hopper, Magic, is getting to his senior age, so I'm hopefully going to start training a new rabbit soon - although I'm worried that it won't go well, because I've tried with my Mini Rex, and they just don't like it. I'm hoping to get a show quality Dutch from parents that hop. :)

Emily

I am a member of the Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club and have been doing it for almost a year (1 year in a few weeks). I have trained 4 rabbits. Sean was my first, but he passed away in July. Korr and Penelope started in Aug and Lillian in September. We do events and demos throughout the year. We mostly preform in and around Calgary, but will go up to Edmonton a couple times a year. Our club started as a 4-H project, but has expanded to include other people.
Penelope is good at High Jump, Korr like the races and Lillian likes to choose the direction she goes.

FortEdmonton52.jpg

AggieDays59.jpg

Nov6practise13.jpg

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
I am a member of the Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club and have been doing it for almost a year (1 year in a few weeks). I have trained 4 rabbits. Sean was my first, but he passed away in July. Korr and Penelope started in Aug and Lillian in September. We do events and demos throughout the year. We mostly preform in and around Calgary, but will go up to Edmonton a couple times a year. Our club started as a 4-H project, but has expanded to include other people.
Penelope is good at High Jump, Korr like the races and Lillian likes to choose the direction she goes.

FortEdmonton52.jpg

AggieDays59.jpg

Nov6practise13.jpg
WOW!! your rabbits are good:pinkbouce::pinkbouce:

I say go for it. Even if Bugs doesn't do well you will know what to work on and what to expect. You should post some pictures of her jumping.

This is a cool thread. But the topic doesn't really belong in the Bunny Blog area :) Can I move it to the general Rabbits Online Forum, issy?

issyorabbit wrote:
bugs is a boy. how do i enter?
You need to find a club in your area. The rules vary from club to club. The club I am involved in requires the handler to attend 3 practises before they can attend any demos. We do have a competition in September that anyone can do, but we don't really get much interest.
Contact whoever runs the club, if there is an actual competition, then contact the person running it. They will give you the info on entering the comprtition or joinig the club (if you are interested). Be sure to go over the rules for the competition before you go so you know what is expected of you. The rules are for what behaviour is acceptable from the handlers (and other people) and what the course will be like. The sex of the rabbit generally doesn't matter, but if he is intact keep him away from the other rabbits to prevent breeding.

I don't know any clubs in Australia. You can try googling Rabbit Hopping, Rabbit Agility and Rabbit Show Jumping fro your area.

Latest posts

Back