Rabbit Show - Edmonton

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pet_Bunny

Reaction score
Thiswas my first show. It was part of the Farm fair Internatioal Livestock Showcase,held from November 5 - 13.

fcsjgm.jpg

fcsmfl.jpg

fcsmk9.jpg

fcslsk.jpg

Great pictures!
What is the color and breed of the rabbit in the second picture from the bottom in this last picture post? Mini-Lop or?

Curious as to the color also because my daughters rabbit looks just like that, same color and looks.

dyky71 wrote:
Great pictures!
What is the color and breed of the rabbit in the second picture from the bottom in this last picture post? Mini-Lop or?

Curious as to the color also because my daughters rabbit looks just like that, same color and looks.

Looks like a Holland to me, dyky71. Check out this thread if you think that looks similar to your daughter's baby. The little one looks similar to my Fauna-Girl too. :)Starlight Rabbitry wrote:

Pam is right. They are known as Frosty in Hollands. However, my standard has them listed in different groups. In Hollands, frosty is listed underWide Band group and in Mini's, it is Frosted pearl and is listed under the shaded group. I am wondering if there is a difference in the color. PAMMMMM we need you!!!!!! lol.

Sharon

Same color -- The Holland Lop standard committee just stuck it under a different group name. The color itself can vary widely because of the different shading/tipping and eye colors allowed.

Carolyn -- what color is at the base of the coat when you blow into it? Is it white or grayish at the base? White would be a frosty, grayish would be a chin or squirrel. (Does she have brown(chin) or blue-gray (squirrel) eyes?)

Pam

(Found out that Fauna's a Frosty.)

-Carolyn

dyky71 wrote:
Hi Dyky71,

If I can remember correctly, that rabbit was a Pearl Holland Lop.

By the looks of it, your daughter must have a beautiful bunny.

Rainbows! :D

Pet_Bunny wrote:
If I can remember correctly, that rabbit was a Pearl Holland Lop.

Some have been known to refer to Frostys and Frosted Pearls, Pam explains it in detail above, as noted above, dyky71, to Starlight Rabbitry about the specific color.

Pam is right. They are known as Frosty in Hollands. However, my standard has them listed in different groups. In Hollands, frosty is listed underWide Band group and in Mini's, it is Frosted pearl and is listed under the shaded group. I am wondering if there is a difference in the color. PAMMMMM we need you!!!!!! lol.

Sharon

Same color -- The Holland Lop standard committee just stuck it under a different group name. The color itself can vary widely because of the different shading/tipping and eye colors allowed.

:)

See link I neglected to post above.http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=10107&forum_id=1

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Some have been known to refer to Frostys and Frosted Pearls,

Yes. :) It's still a beautiful bunny, and I like thatcolour.

The labeling at the show didn't have much information. They might list the breed,solid or broken, Junior Buck, and the name of the breeder.

fegbp3.jpg

Rainbows! :)

LuvaBun wrote:
Great pictures, Pet_Bunny. There were some really gorgeous rabbits there. How did you manage to resist temptation? ;)
Thanks LuvaBun, RESIST??? I had a spare carrier with me, plus a couple of boxes in the car. :angel: I was looking at the discarded bunnies that the breeders were trying to sell off. One was a BEWNetherland Dwarf that had his leg broken when he was a baby,but the breeder was asking too much for him. I must of spent 20minutes in the For Sale section looking at the bunnies when I first walked into the show room. This was my first rabbit show, and I was in bunny heaven. I saw lots of breeds that Ihaven't seen before. The English Lops with their long ears, but I couldn't get a peek at their long tails. ;) The French lops were huge, and they were only juniors. I liked the Tans. The Lionhead Hotots were new to me. And I got to see the different colours of the Netherland Dwarfs. I didn't know that the Black ND's were really Dark Brown. There were all sorts of Dutch,Satins, Beverens and Mini Rexs.I saw my first Polish. And so many Holland Lops. There were No Flemish though. Guess I have to wait for the next show. My wife kind of resisted in going to the show, but when she got there she fell in love with that Solid Orange Holland Lop in the picture you mentioned. He had nice colouring and was so friendly. We offered the breeder $50.00 but she didn't want to give him up. Maybe she will change her mind in 6 months, or have litters in the Orange colouring.

The funny thing is, Pet_Bunny actually has picture of the doe I got. :shock:

Apparently we were there at the same time, lol.

fdgbkj.jpg

fdge80.jpg

The breeder was trying to sell Pet_Bunny the one nearest the bottom of the picture. I'm pretty sure that's the same rabbit that was in there when I picked up Zoey and if it was, he's actually a broken orange that's Zoey's brother. :shock:

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
Apparently we were there at the same time, lol.
The breeder was trying to sell Pet_Bunny the one nearest the bottom ofthe picture. He's actually a broken orange that's Zoey's brother. :shock:
I wasat the same show, but we never met.We could ofbumped into each other and never knewit. :highfive:

Another twist of fate.... MyBunnyBoys bought Zoey. If the same breeder convinced me to buy the broken orangebuck. Then the two of us from this forum would of had the brother and sister Lops. :D

Latest posts

Back