Rabbit Shed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m wanting to turn my old ‘out house’ into a space for my rabbits which will have a tunnel into a run so they can have access to the garden all day long!
I’m going to get it all cleared out at the weekend and make a start cleaning it up and putting a new door on. The out house is brick and concrete floor and I’m unsure on how to go about it all🤷🏼‍♀️
Anyone else done this before that can give me some ideas?

Attachments

• 339681C5-9089-4E70-9336-880368C1C2BC.jpeg
    339681C5-9089-4E70-9336-880368C1C2BC.jpeg
    487.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 5AA0186E-22CD-4CED-888A-A3E09262D1DB.jpeg
    5AA0186E-22CD-4CED-888A-A3E09262D1DB.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 11
  • E2A57C01-BAED-4625-A306-48CD9D5C0AB8.jpeg
    E2A57C01-BAED-4625-A306-48CD9D5C0AB8.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi,
I think it looks amazing! Do you know if it gets very hot inside when the sun is shining?

I would definitely leave the concrete floor as it is easy to clean 🧽 and also hygienic. I would place big cat litter boxes in there for them.

If you give access to the garden I would be careful with that, you wouldn’t want them to be out in the rain and get a wet bum or them digging underneath the garden fence.

Also for the danger of other animals, where a rabbit will fit through other animals can also enter their secured house and harm them or attack them outside while not watching them (birds/cats/ marten / fox/ dogs etc)

Good luck
Eve

Hi,
I think it looks amazing! Do you know if it gets very hot inside when the sun is shining?

I would definitely leave the concrete floor as it is easy to clean 🧽 and also hygienic. I would place big cat litter boxes in there for them.

If you give access to the garden I would be careful with that, you wouldn’t want them to be out in the rain and get a wet bum or them digging underneath the garden fence.

Also for the danger of other animals, where a rabbit will fit through other animals can also enter their secured house and harm them or attack them outside while not watching them (birds/cats/ marten / fox/ dogs etc)

Good luck
Eve

it doesn’t really get hot as the shines from the wrong direction but if it did get to hot in there I would bring them back in on them occasions (I’m from uk we don’t get a lot of hot weather😂) it was more the cold I was more cautious about.

as for access to the garden it would be covered so only the rabbits can get in and would be a microchip cat flap so it would only open for them and if we needed to we could lock it to keep them inside

Thankyou for the tips!

it doesn’t really get hot as the shines from the wrong direction but if it did get to hot in there I would bring them back in on them occasions (I’m from uk we don’t get a lot of hot weather😂) it was more the cold I was more cautious about.

as for access to the garden it would be covered so only the rabbits can get in and would be a microchip cat flap so it would only open for them and if we needed to we could lock it to keep them inside

Thankyou for the tips!

About the cold: normally they warm each other by cuddling with another bunny, if they have enough space - with running and also straw. There are also heat lamps available.
Eve

About the cold: normally they warm each other by cuddling with another bunny, if they have enough space - with running and also straw. There are also heat lamps available.
Eve

would you keep the floor concrete or maybe Lino it?

I think I would stick with concrete. Doesn’t Linoleum ( is that what you meant?) get damaged if they pee on it?
Linoleum is commonly used in kitchens because it is waterproof and washable. It is a really good option provided the edges are not accessible to the rabbit. (A 1 x 2 could be put on the edges like molding.)

Concrete is actually porous and will absorb urine and will stain as well.

Linoleum is commonly used in kitchens because it is waterproof and washable. It is a really good option provided the edges are not accessible to the rabbit. (A 1 x 2 could be put on the edges like molding.)

Concrete is actually porous and will absorb urine and will stain as well.

Ok I got it mixed up there all together... I thought about our set up it has concrete 😭😢 words are missing... my English isn’t perfect 😤 concrete tiles? And they are obviously completely different.

So if it is concrete like in a cellar I’m total with blue eyes there. It will also be very dusty maybe and like you said it will absorb the Urine which will be smelly in no time.

For the edges you could ... same again I don’t know that word and neither my dictionary 🙈 see the pic below

Attachments

• 76F2B686-E360-4F84-8B39-5F53A0E1B59C.png
    76F2B686-E360-4F84-8B39-5F53A0E1B59C.png
    409 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back