Rabbit shaking rapidly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aainamar

Reaction score
Hi...i have a 7 months buck minirex who are kept in a cage and only let out during the day. however I've been noticing that he is always shaking and vibrating and sometimes even the cage shakes together with him.im afraid if there are any underlying issue with him.nevertheless he still eats, drinks and play well. sometimes his poops can become bigger than other days but usually still normal. can anyone help to explain why he seems to be shaking every time .thank you

I wasn't sure but i did some reasearch .
Apparently , it is normal for rabbits to shake occasionaly , especially during sleep .
Although shaking while laying down is a sign of illness .
Yours sounds like trembling , apparently this is a gentle quivering motion that’s like a vibration.

Its normal during sleep , if your rabbit is pleased , dis-pleasured , hiccuping and recovering from being scared .

Apparently , not caused any of the above , it can be caused by
Overheating and heatstroke.
Eating or sniffing something poisonous.
Parasite infections, especially E. Cuniculi and Ear Mites.
Bacterial infections.
Strokes.
Gastrointestinal stasis.
End of life approaching, such as muscle tremors.

Apparently these create additional symptoms , is he showing other signs ?
Apparenty , not allowing to be touched , teeth grinding ,bloated stomach , flattened ears ,
cold ears , refusing food and water , falling over and clumsyness and breathing heavy , acompanied by shaking can or is a medical emergency .

I would get to vet asap .

It also says they shake when in pain .

Thank you so much for the explanation.As for my Rex, he always allow us to touched him and never seems to be mind...the teeth grinding are done occasionally and i believe sometimes rabbit shows that he feels happy by doing that. And his ears seems to be more in warm side as compared to being cold...and whenever I check upon him he always eating his hays so I'm not thinking he's losing appetite. However sometimes he can be in a position where he flattened all his body to the ground with his eyes slightly squinted however he always doing this at night and at dusk when he is supposed to be most active.and also during that time his eyes seems to lose focus and seems drowsy.

Thank you so much for the explanation.As for my Rex, he always allow us to touched him and never seems to be mind...the teeth grinding are done occasionally and i believe sometimes rabbit shows that he feels happy by doing that. And his ears seems to be more in warm side as compared to being cold...and whenever I check upon him he always eating his hays so I'm not thinking he's losing appetite. However sometimes he can be in a position where he flattened all his body to the ground with his eyes slightly squinted however he always doing this at night and at dusk when he is supposed to be most active.and also during that time his eyes seems to lose focus and seems drowsy.
He might just be sleeping.
Yes, soft teeth grinding is a sign of enjoyment.
If you have any questions, just ask me!

My bunnies poop, if your worried about yours.
Hers, left, during possible gas treatment, right, after 3rd dose

Latest posts

Back