Rabbit setup improvements?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanutdabunny

Reaction score
Here is my rabbits setup, He is in an xxl krolix furplast cage with an xpen attached to it. The dimentions of the cage are 63.8 x 23.6 x 19.7 inches.
I got my xpen from the rescue I got him from. He eats a ton of hay, and I mix it which I have heard is more enriching. He has pellets as a treat. I also make my own treats for him (he gets one a day) They are made out of, blended pellets, blended oats, 1/4 a bananna, 4 strawberries, 2 cups of water. I feed his veggies never in a bowl. I make him come up and sit on my lap to eat them so we form a stronger bond. ( I never hold him on my lap, but I entince him with food to stay on my lap) I also feed his pellets through out the day in my hand, most of the time when he is also sitting on my lap. He is already neutered. I am always trying to find new ways to enrich him. If you have any suggestions tell me! Should I feed him more types of hay? He eats an orchard and timothy mix, with some oat hay and herbs mixed it. I switch up whats in his pen everyday so he doesnt get bored, his favorite thing is most definatly his toki hut castle. He LOVES to sleep in it.
Heres all the things in his setup if you want to buy it
Cage: Amazon, XXL krolix furplast cage
Xpen: can find one on amazon
Water and food bowls: Amazon, midwest
Litter box: dollar tree
Pee Pads: Amazon, the charcole ones
Litter: Tractor Supply, horse stall pellets
Hay: Local Farm (orchard, timothy, with a bit of oat)
Cage liner/hay bag/Pee Pad: CreationsbyKiwi on etsy
Blue,purple, and pink rattle: ThisHBS on etsy
Green and yellow rattle: Petsmart
Seagrass Mat: Fuz Bunny Boutique on etsy
Stuffed Animal: Dollar Tree
Blanket:dollar tree
Infused Balsa blocks: FloppyBuntique on etsy
(2) Balsa fligs: FloppyBuntique on etsy
Castle:Toki Hut
Cat house: HomeGoods
Bendable Tunnels: LittleBeastTreats on etsy
Tent: Minicamp (cat size)
Blue tunnel: 5 and below
Play Table: Small Pet select
Stacking cups: Mushie, Amazon
Treat Ball: Amazon, Nigeal (Im not spelling it correct)
Ikea macreame bed: Blossomandpoppy on etsy
Ikea Bed covers: Bunnieswithaloha on etsy
Hop and flop:Bunnieswithaloha on etsy
Hammock:
Timmothy tunnel: Oxbow
(2) Timothy mats: Oxbow
(not shown) Foraging Mat: Toki Hut
Shops I get my toys from!
Timbervalleyrabbits on etsy
hoppytimetreats on etsy
floppybuntique on etsy
fuz bun boutique on etsy
oxbow
This HBS on etsy
Small Pet Select
Tbbtoys.com
PLANS FOR THE FUTURE
These are the things I plan to get, you can tell me if its a good thing to get
Ikea Tunnels
Double woven seagrass mat
Willow basket
Willow tent
Toki Hut castle peepads
Cosy Catle flop tunnel
Foraging mat with better colors (lol)(maybe from oinkandbeeboop, or blossomandpoppy)
Some more boho-ish decoration (like rainbows and banners most likely from amazon, blossomandpoppy, or bunmommakes)
A sign from bunmommakes
A pillow from bunmommakes
A banner from bunmommakes
I want to build him a big castle!
These are all the things I can remeber at the moment. If you have some things that you think I should buy please tell me!
I don't have the pictures *just* yet, so hopefully you can imagin what it looks like, tell me what you think :) I cant wait to share the photos!

I will mention that it can be cheaper and more customizable (though time consuming) if you wanted to make your own snuffle mat. You can buy the seagrass mats to make it yourself on Etsy as well. You can go to a fabric store or even use old ripped/tattered clothes/blankets/sheets, cut the fabric into strips, and tie them around the seagrass mat.

I will mention that it can be cheaper and more customizable (though time consuming) if you wanted to make your own snuffle mat. You can buy the seagrass mats to make it yourself on Etsy as well. You can go to a fabric store or even use old ripped/tattered clothes/blankets/sheets, cut the fabric into strips, and tie them around the seagrass mat.
Yes I have thought about doing that, but the snuffle mats are either made to look like a rainbow, or they are sewn, not fluffy snuffle mat

image.jpgYou have a lot😮 But my bun loves willow balls from a site I think is called rosewood and a small carrot game (I will attach a pic) from Kaytee. He also likes my diy apple stick and cardboard rattle as well (I will attach pic) He likes his wooden carrot toy too. 🙂image.jpg

View attachment 55533You have a lot😮 But my bun loves willow balls from a site I think is called rosewood and a small carrot game (I will attach a pic) from Kaytee. He also likes my diy apple stick and cardboard rattle as well (I will attach pic) He likes his wooden carrot toy too. 🙂View attachment 55532
I LOVVVVEEE rosewood! I love the design of the mats! I love getting supplies to make diy toys!

I am super jelaous, in a good way, of how much enrichment you can offer to your bun.
I have never heard of at least a quarter of the things that you have, it's just amazing! Then again, rabbit supplies are far more accessible over yonder, so it is kinda no wonder. (when i do get to go to ''either of the englands'', i would most definetly want to stock up on amusement items for my boy.)
I didn't read if your bun has a digging mat or not (just so much on your list i might've hopped a few rows over). I have had good experiences with a self-vowen paper rug and the maize placemat from pepco, you might've seen me post about it. You might have seen this link (and the blog's toy section in general) floating around, but i have gotten quite a few projects from there as well: How to Weave a Paper Mat for Your Bunny
Your setup is amazing!

Thank you all for your compliments! I guess my work has paid off! One thing that I have noticed though is peanut is so much healthier! He poops 10x as much as he use too, I give him a big bag of hay in the middle of his pen and he loves to dig in it, luckily he wont poop there! Also, he drinks 4x as much water! I have to fill up his bowl so much, like 4x a day, before it was just once in the morning, and a little at night!

Everything looks so nice! The only suggestion would be to actually remove some stuff so he can binky around and not run into anything.

Latest posts

Back