Rabbit seems tired

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleConverse

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My rabbit seems tired and wanting more love lately. Where as a couple days ago he seemed mad at me for not being able to give him enough attention due to some hospital things with my young daughter. Anyway. Now I've noticed he's spending more time in his cage, laying on his side sleeping and seems to be breathing a bit heavier? Not 100% sure. I was told he was about 2 or 3 years old. I'm not sure if he's neutered or not yet. He seems fine otherwise. Eating, drinking, bathroom etc. Looks good. I made a vet appointment but the office doesn't have a great reputation and they can't see him until Wednesday...so I'm a bit nervous about that. I'm willing to drive further if he needs medical attention. I'm just not sure since he's eating, drinking etc...so any insight would be great so I can make a better decision. Oh. I wouldn't say he's lethargic. He is still doing things and whatnot. Just not as much as usual. Like half what hes at usually maybe? Thanks!!

Yes I would take him in just in case he is developing some sickness. It’s better to bring him before he actually gets sick:)

He could just be settling in and relaxing. Rabbits tend to be more active when first in a new home or even just in a new area/room, then once they get used to it and have mapped it all out in their heads after exploring, they settle down and relax more. Especially during the day when they are normally less active anyways. Mornings and evenings rabbits tend to be the most active(generally speaking).

If a rabbit is eating, drinking, and behavior seems normal otherwise, it could be normal and him settling in. But if he seems off to you and his behavior doesn't seem right, best to get him checked by an experienced rabbit vet. A rabbit that is in some pain or discomfort, may have a more subdued behavior because of feeling a little unwell, even though they are still eating and drinking normally.

Latest posts

Back