Rabbit scared of me all of the sudden... and weird behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
My bunny and I have been bonding really well for the past month and a half. He's about 16-17 weeks old (about 3.5 months), not neutered yet. Yesterday, after I fed him a little carrot "skin" from a carrot that I was peeling for soup, he just started acting weird. As he was eating, his stomach was shaking like 2-3 times. Then he did this funny thing with his mouth where he opened it and closed it again and it kind of looked like he was choking for a second. It's the next morning and he's still eating and drinking hay, pellets, water, and carrot greens normally. However, he started pooping and peeing in the opposite corner of his litter box. He also seems super tense and skittish and runs into his hide house when I get closer. He backs his head away when I try to pet him too and won't really come out of his cage even though I leave it open when I'm home. He just seems super pissed about something and pooping and peeing all over his cage which he usually never ever does. Maybe I'm just a worry wart but something seems off...

From my limited experience with Rabbits (5 days) the things that set Dortmund into hiding are the vacuum cleaner and Tom Waits music.

Oh! I have been cooking for a big dinner I'm having- soup on the stove, meat in the crockpot over night, a stew in another crockpot... could that be it?

Latest posts

Back