Rabbit scared after I come home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven123

Reaction score
So I have been in Texas for the past 2 and a half weeks and I left my bunny, Hermione at home in the care of my sister. I just got home from driving across the states to Minnesota and she came out once to eat some lettuce I offered but seems a bit scared of me. She is a shy bunny already but she warmed up to me since she liked me. Do any of you guys have problems like this after leaving your buns for an extended amount of time? And if you do, do you have any tips for having them warm up to you again?

I had an assignment last year where I was working away from home for three months. I was able to return for short visits two or three times each month. By the time I came back for good, my rabbit wasn’t sure about me. It took some time to get reacquainted, but now we are best buds again.

Like JBun said, don’t force it, let it flow naturally. She will warm up to you, eventually.

Also it might help if you talk to her, I talk to mine all the time, he likes it.

I think she was just a little timid because I smelled different but she’s bavk to normal with me now.

Latest posts

Back