Rabbit safe chew deterrent? Lemon , Vinegar?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

K1marie

Lionel and Murphy
Reaction score
I bought a plastic wicker cubby plant stand for my rabbit. I took a chance bc it was a little $$, but I observed him and he seemed to just go in it & not chew it. Well now he's decided he DOES want to chew it! He doesnt "eat" it, but destroys it. It has a VERY LARGE "window" in it now! I have rubbed Ivory soap on it, but its hard to get it all over, its a small deterrent, but he still has chewed with that. I won't bother even trying bitter apple spray, I'm pretty confident he will LIKE that. I hear they don't like garlic, but that's out - I'm not rubbing garlic on it. He could be just misbehaving bc he DOES have all kinds of chew toys & distractions - and he chews it when he is free roam (not like hes confined with it) . Just wondering what people have had success with that the humans can also tolerate.

Preitler

Loony bunny guy
Reaction score
You might not like this idea, but that's what I do with outside wood that I don't want them to chew on:

I paint it with diluted rabbit urine, and rinse it. Enough smell stays on the wood that rabbits can smell it, and they don't chew soiled stuff. I can't notice this treatment.

Anyway, you bought that plant stand for your rabbit, just let him enjoy it in the most rabbitish way possible :D

K1marie

Lionel and Murphy
Reaction score
Oh - I have no objection to that! Thats a great idea to try & . I DO think I will reserve it for a cherished piece of furniture - or heirloom I LOVE you said to let him enjoy it in his "rabbitish way" - true - it IS HIS - haha - and trust me - my house has been converted into a bunny kingdom pretty much! Just want to preserve the structure a little - so he CAN still enjoy it lol little stinker!

Latest posts