Rabbit Rescue Program

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLover

Reaction score

Hi!

I was thinking about starting a Rabbit Rescue Program, to help unwantedrabbits find a good home. I was wondering if anybody on here knows whatit takes to run something like this or if any of you have a Rescue ofour own. This is something I have wanted to do for quite awhile and Iwas curious if I have what is takes to run one.

Thanks!

Lissa

I don't know much, but I'd say it's going to takea lot of time and money. Each individual rabbit is going to needattention if you want them to be adopted out (friendly ones go fasterthen shy, nervous ones). Then costs of feeding and homing them are notgoing to come cheap! They need hay and pellets and cages and litter andso on! And then always remember the vet bills, they are inevitable whenyou own even one pet, it's a Murphys law, when you can't afford a vetvisit, you're pet will need one!

The money is the only thing Ihaven't figured out yet. (I know, I know, thatshouldhavebeen the first thing to thinkthrough!!)

I'm pretty sure that it will be a while before I can startthis (due to the lack of room at this time). But the longer I have towait the longer I have to plan it through :).

It is so true. The times when you have the money to afforda vet visit they don't need it, but as soon as times aren't going sogood you can guarantee they are going to need one. (Who knows why!):shock:

Lissa

Hi, Lissa. I adopted my beloved bunnyfrom the local chapter of the House Rabbit Society. They havea section on their site (I can't remember exactly where) where you canapply to start a rescue chapter in your area. It describeseverything that's entailed with starting a chapter and what's involvedin rescuing, fostering, and adopting.

The website is http://www.rabbit.org .

Hope this helps! :)

Latest posts

Back