Rabbit Rescue in Toru, Poland

Discussion in 'Bunny Blogs' started by Dynaheir, Dec 31, 2013.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Feb 11, 2014 #61

Chrisdoc

Chrisdoc

Chrisdoc

Chris

I love reading the updates and new arrivals. You are real stars who help so many of these wonderful bunnies, they are so lucky.

lovelops likes this.
  2. Feb 11, 2014 #62

lovelops

lovelops

lovelops

It's a med that is used in conjunction with Fenbendazole to knock out head tilt in 30 days. I didn't know if the vets had been giving it to Carrot or not and I could not remember how long she has been battling it but I knew it looked like it was about a month...

I'm glad to see Gosling is around and doing well. What a fighter! I'm rooting for her and Carrot!!!

That Harlequin you have is pretty! I can't get over the bun in the pet store you guys rescued. What a bunch of cheeky people saying it was in great health..

My goodness keep up the good work, you guys are doing a great job!:party0002:

Vanessa

3. Feb 11, 2014 #63

lovelops

lovelops

lovelops

Actually, Gosling is looking quite better! :)

4. Feb 12, 2014 #64

Dynaheir

Dynaheir

Dynaheir

Thank you, I am glad to read that you like this thread :)

Gosling is actually in a better mood and she doesn't give up. There is quite a big spirit in this little body :)

Thank you for the information concerning the med - we will pass this information to our vet :)

Anise has a good apetite and he learns to use litter.

[​IMG]

Gosling fell in love with...Critical care. She has been eating Rodi care instant and it was decided that we should change her diet a bit.

[​IMG]

Groszek (Pea)

[​IMG]

Leszczynka (Hazel)

[​IMG]

Szczypiorek (Scallion)

[​IMG]

lovelops likes this.
  5. Feb 12, 2014 #65

lovelops

lovelops

lovelops

Oh my godness. I think that is the first time I have seen Gosling sitting up.. and it looks like her pooh is good also! That is so great. She is moving around and active... she is such a champ. I'm really pulling for her to get better and heal. She does have a very strong spirit. Once again, you guys keep up the good work! You are doing such a great job for these poor little guys.. you are their only champions!

Vanessa

6. Feb 12, 2014 #66

pani

pani

pani

Bunny servant Lotte

They're all so lovely, and like Vanessa said it's so nice to see Gosling looking healthier and active! I love Anise's little 'hairdo'; I'm so glad to read you were able to rescue him from that irresponsible pet store.

lovelops likes this.
  7. Feb 13, 2014 #67

Aubrisita

Aubrisita

Aubrisita

Aubrey, Member

Aw, I just want to hug Gosling. She really is a fighter. Those baby buns are too cute. I love reading this thread and seeing everyones updates.

lovelops likes this.
  8. Feb 13, 2014 #68

Dynaheir

Dynaheir

Dynaheir

That's true - Gosling is very active and eats quite a lot (of course only from a syringe) which is quite amazing considering what she's been through. Yesterday Gosling decided that she may be fed only by Ola :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anaise's hairdo is the result of some skin issue that we are trying to diagnose. Yesterday, he was diagnosed with coccidiosis.

Aubrisita, Gosling loves hugs so we can hug her for you :)

Aubrisita, lovelops and pani like this.
  9. Feb 13, 2014 #69

Aubrisita

Aubrisita

Aubrisita

Aubrey, Member

Oooh Gosling. Is Ola looking for a rabbit because it sounds like Gosling has picked her. Lol.

lovelops likes this.
  10. Feb 13, 2014 #70

lovelops

lovelops

lovelops

Give her an extra hug from me also! It looks so great to see her that active after all she's been through. I'm praying that she will make a total recovery. I hope she keeps eating and soon you will be able to post pictures of her healthy and at 100% !!!!

Vanessa

11. Feb 13, 2014 #71

pani

pani

pani

Bunny servant Lotte

I love seeing more of Gosling! I can't wait for her to get back to full health. :)

Poor Anise. :( At least he pulls off being under the weather looking fabulous. He's got a beautiful little face.

lovelops likes this.
  12. Feb 14, 2014 #72

lovelops

lovelops

lovelops

What are you using in the photos to stop Gosling? That can't be an Xpen because it's covering a door way.
    It looks like it works good, please let me know!

Vanessa

13. Feb 14, 2014 #73

Chrisdoc

Chrisdoc

Chrisdoc

Chris

Gosling is a real champ how good to see her alert and inquisitive. She is such a fighter, what an amazing little bun.

lovelops likes this.
  14. Feb 17, 2014 #74

Dynaheir

Dynaheir

Dynaheir

Well, in theory (;)), Ola is not looking for a rabbit as she needs to have space for all rabbits that she temporarily takes home. Currently Gosling and Carrot live with her and she also takes care of mant rabbits that are after surgeries or that need special care and cannot stay in the shelter. But generally, rabbits love Ola :)

[​IMG]

Unfortunately Gosling will probably not recover fully but our vet does what he can to help her.

lovelops, it is Xpen (probably this one: http://www.zooplus.pl/shop/gryzonie/kojce_dla_malych_zwierzat/metalowe/94994). It doesn't cover a doorway - there is a tunnel blocking part of it :)

15. Feb 17, 2014 #75

lovelops

lovelops

lovelops

Hi there,

Regarding Gosling, I understand about her being ill and having being picked up by the rescue in bad shape and maybe will never be 100% as she should and that's too bad. One can always hope!

My aunt who finally died in 2011 was diagnosed around the late 1980's with a brain tumor. She had about 10 other health problems, including failing kidneys, had to use a catheter to empty her bladder etc. They gave her at the time 6 months to live in the 80's.

The spirit of the individual at times makes a huge impact on how long they live and how long they last. My aunt never had perfect health and died with the tumor, but she lived one heck of a life between! She traveled, went on cruises, visited friends. Right before she died, they had to airlift her out of her house because she was starting to go into organ failure and she wanted to put on her makeup first before getting into the helicopter! (Me I would have went in a paper sack!)

I somewhat feel Gosling is the same as my aunt. Gosling seems to have fight in her. At the time my aunt's daughter just had kids, so I think my aunt lived as long as she did to see her grandkids. She also has Ola, so now she probably feels she has someone that cares about her. That makes a huge difference also.

I had been sharing with another person in another post the end line from the movie Blade Runner in which none of us know how much time we have or how much time other's have while we togehter. The main thing is to enjoy it and make it count.
    I think you guys are with Gosling and you can tell by the photos.

Vanessa

PS. If that is Gosling with Ola in that pic, she looks pretty good!

16. Feb 17, 2014 #76

Aubrisita

Aubrisita

Aubrisita

Aubrey, Member

Awww, Ola sounds like a wonderful person. Taking care of animals that will never fully recover is sometimes a draining and sad job. It is so awesome that you guys do what you do. I agree with Vanessa, Gosling has a great fighting spirit and that goes a long way.

lovelops likes this.
  17. Feb 21, 2014 #77

Dynaheir

Dynaheir

Dynaheir

Two young buns came in this week - Rypsik and Wilczek.

Rypsik is a tiny rabbit that came to us on Tueasday.

[​IMG]

Wilczek (Little wolf) was confiscated during an intervention in the shop from which Anaise came to us. He probably has mycosic and we need to chceck him for coccidiosis.

[​IMG]

Anaise went to the bridge. His heart stopped beating and postmortem examination revealed that he had a genetic heart defect.

[​IMG]

We also lost Gibi. Gibi was a 6-years-old bun whose hind legs were paralysed. He had been living for 6 years in a small cage, in his own feaces. When his fortune was about to change...he passed away. It turned out that he had cancer and his liver, lungs and heart were seriously damaged. We weren't able to save him.

[URL="http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/azyltorun/media/bbcfa1fa-c336-4db0-b936-6c6eee701cee_zpsc8efa042.jpg.html"]
    [IMG]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s554/azyltorun/bbcfa1fa-c336-4db0-b936-6c6eee701cee_zpsc8efa042.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Gosling is also worse - there is more pus in her mouth, including gums. She also has runny nose. We started her on a new anitibiotic.

[​IMG]

lovelops likes this.
  18. Feb 21, 2014 #78

lovelops

lovelops

lovelops

Little wolf looks like a cutie. I'm sorry to hear Anaise and Gibi is gone. I'll be praying for Gosling. I'm hoping she will pull through this infection! Get better little girl! You are in our thoughts!

God bless you all over there for the work you are doing for these guys. You are doing a great job.
    It's too bad there isn't more people around like you guys!

Vanessa

19. Feb 21, 2014 #79

pani

pani

pani

Bunny servant Lotte

I read about Gibi and Anaise on Facebook. Poor little darlings. I'm sure they're binkying across the rainbow bridge together.

Gosling is in my thoughts. :pray: She's a little fighter. It's nice to see she has a bunny buddy looking after her, too.

lovelops likes this.
  20. Feb 21, 2014 #80

lovelops

lovelops

lovelops

Is there any present or past video of Gosling? I would love to see her in action.. she looks like a cutie with the stuffed
    animals in previous posts..

Vanessa