Rabbit Rescue in Toru, Poland

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree it is heart breaking to see the condition in which some of them arrive, poor little mites. But it is so good to see the ones who are surviving and getting stronger with your help. I can´t believe the amazing work you do.

The little bun was brough to us too late. I will never understand why some people don't react when they see that something is obviously wrong with their animal...

Davi passed away yesterday. Her body was too weak to fight.
Devi was condiscated almost a year ago from a hoarder. The photo posted below was taken when she arrived to the Sanctuary.

DSC05223.JPG

Two very young buns (3-4 weeks old) were brought to the Sanctuary yesterday.
Almond:
DSC05504.JPG

DSC05494.JPG

and Burdock
DSC05519.JPG

DSC05540.JPG

Some photos of Cotton and Taffeta:
DSC05659.JPG

DSC05659.JPG

DSC05674.JPG

Rozetka went to a foster home in Gdańsk today.

o_mOKPDZ.jpg

Her place in the Sanctuary was almost immediately filled by Porzeczka (Currant). She was found in the bushes near the Sanctuary. She is very stressed, her stomach is tensed. During the examination her bladder was enlarged - she probably refrained from urinating. Her teeth need trimming.

DSC05977.JPG

LdkbHF5kRue5y_9DCCtSdK_f6nC9gaEEAhqq0qpdvHpO=w325-h215-p-no

Fifi came from Olsztyn yesterday. She has a jaw abscess and...lice.

DSC05931.JPG

Gosling is stable and her eye is a little bit better.
DSC05862.JPG

Carrot made some progress. Her temperature is still to high but she doesn't have convulsions.

Melonik vel Antek is weaker. His temperature is too low and he urinates more. We need to stabilise him before he can undergo dental surgery.

Roszponka (Corn-salad) has crisis yesterday. We suspect an abscess in her GI tract - like in the case of Carrot and Koźlarka.

And the good news is that Batiste found his forever home in Toruń! :)
lAYlmmCdOfhNtV1KVWUJQFtxuLo7Hym2IyW3_FH8LyGg=w325-h215-p-no

X6FTfSBS8NdRhIJgG_lVaTMQkKPOwF9ICdMVTqRoeNjG=w325-h215-p-no

Melonik is fighting for his life. Yesterday, his temperature decreased to 35 Celsius degrees and stayed this way for several hours. He has pulmonary edema and inflammatory bowel disease. We have managed to stabilise his temperature but he is very weak.

DSC06025.JPG

Carrot and Gossling are stable.

Fifi doesn't have a great apetite and she has to undergo dental surgery tomorrow.

Porzeczka (Currant) started eating and pooping so we are on the right track here.

And some photos from the Sanctuary:
DSC06060.JPG

s-vqgN8qzuXpPTVX8ZqNc2bbRUQKgW6Bm9x95IsY9_1F=w325-h215-p-no

DSC06066.JPG

And the Adams Family :)
qvoFZjqgOZIZz8Xrsh2VFRHiwb6odxyuzYRIWIIufPCz=w325-h215-p-no

We underwent a trial today. Some lady claimed that she has given up her rabbits to the Rescue only for a while and she wanted them back. Fortunately, we won the case :)

Please, feel free to join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rabbits.torun?ref=hl

We lost two rabbits yesterday. Melonik lost his fight for life but now we know that he didn't stand a chance. The immediate cause of death was cardiorespiratory failure. Post-mortem examnation confirmed the abscess and revealed raptured wall of stomach, fibrinous pneumonia and fatty liver. Additionally, Melonik's liver was raptured in one place which might be a sign of mechanical injury.

Fifi didn't survive dental surgery. She stopped breathing and although our vet managed to restore her breath for a while, she didn't make it.

Goodbye Melonik and Fifi. You don't have to suffer anymore.

This thread is so heartbreaking, yet so touching at the same time. I can't stop reading it because I love seeing how much help you do for these lovely bunnies, but it's difficult to see so many of them past the stage of help. I'm going to try and donate some money to the shelter when I next get paid. :)

Lovelops, I cannot put details in here - only links. You can find paypal in here: http://www.azyl.torun.pl/darowizny-15.html The page is in Polish, but on the top of it there is a button saying "PayPal".

You can also find our bank account number here: https://www.facebook.com/rabbits.torun/info under "General informations".

Thank You all for all You support, it is really important. I am also glad that You like reading the topic and appreciate all Your comments :)

We lost two rabbits yesterday. Melonik lost his fight for life but now we know that he didn't stand a chance. The immediate cause of death was cardiorespiratory failure. Post-mortem examnation confirmed the abscess and revealed raptured wall of stomach, fibrinous pneumonia and fatty liver. Additionally, Melonik's liver was raptured in one place which might be a sign of mechanical injury.

Fifi didn't survive dental surgery. She stopped breathing and although our vet managed to restore her breath for a while, she didn't make it.

Goodbye Melonik and Fifi. You don't have to suffer anymore.

Poor babies... :bigtears:

Lovelops, I cannot put details in here - only links. You can find paypal in here: http://www.azyl.torun.pl/darowizny-15.html The page is in Polish, but on the top of it there is a button saying "PayPal".

You can also find our bank account number here: https://www.facebook.com/rabbits.torun/info under "General informations".

Thank You all for all You support, it is really important. I am also glad that You like reading the topic and appreciate all Your comments :)

Hi there,
I went ahead and donated. Had to get some translation done and forgot
Poland isn't using the Euro but still is on the Zloty but I hope for a start
615 Zloty can help!

Vanessa :bunny19

Hi there,
I went ahead and donated. Had to get some translation done and forgot
Poland isn't using the Euro but still is on the Zloty but I hope for a start
615 Zloty can help!

Vanessa :bunny19

Lovelops, thank You very much! It's a substantial sum for us and You can be sure it will not be wasted :)

If anyone of You needs a translation, You can always PM me, I will try to help :)

Today something a bit different:

A sad story with a happy ending
This beautiful rabbit’s name is Boniek. He was to be eaten by people for dinner and that is why someone fed him potatoes and bread. He had seen the death of his mother and siblings. Then, a good soul saved him and brought to the Sanctuary. He was afraid of people because he was used to being treated badly by them. Then, Boniek was placed in a foster home as someone had to show him that there are also good people in this world. Marta and Kuba decided to take care of him for a while and to make him more sociable. It was not easy – Boniek bit and hurt them. They also tired to bond Boniek with their rabbits but it was impossible. So they decided that he will live in their bedroom without any cage and I have to tell you that living with Boniek in the same room was not easy. Sometimes, he was aggressive and his teeth are really sharp as he is not a little bunny. But they didn’t want to give up only because there were some difficulties. They were very patient with him and it really paid off. He has been living with them almost a year (they adopted him in the meantime) and he is a completely different bunny! He loves being hugged and petted. Boniek just needed a chance. He didn’t know how to coexist with people as he had spent most of his life in a tiny cage that was standing in someone’s backyard. But he learned that people can be trusted and lives a happy life now.
Marta, Kuba, thank You for not giving up!
icon_smile2.gif

His cage looked like this:

facy.png

And now:

7ml5.jpg

vodj.jpg

gef1.jpg

That story makes me so happy. :)

It's awful that Boniek's start to life was so terrible, but I'm so so so glad he found such a loving forever home. Some people might have returned him to a shelter for biting and being so antisocial, but it's so lovely to read that Marty and Kuba persevered and that Boniek is so loving now. :hearts:

What an awesome story. He is a very handsome guy and I am so happy to see what a wonderful home he has now. Hugs to those wonderful people.

He is such a lovely boy, I love his little white socks. Every bun deserves a chance and after his crappy start to life, he must have been a totally traumatised bun just waiting for them to come for him. How lucky he was to find two such good people who were prepared to have patience and help this brave bunny to learn how to love. I hop he has a very long and happy life :)

Saturday (19.01.2014)
The day was peaceful and quiet. Some bunnies had their furs groomed and some of them just enjoyed their time outside the cage. Porzeczka (Currant) is still scared but she is very active outside her cage and doesn't hide.

Carrot is better and Gosling...well Gosling needs a servant :) She doesn't want to it on her own, but she eats with apetite when someone feeds her.

Łatka (Spotty) and Mięta (Mint) sharing their meal

rnuf.jpg

Łatka's daughter

wzig.jpg

Cotton

j9ka.jpg

Roszponka (Corn-salad)

do2y.jpg

Porzeczka (Currant)

c95s.jpg

Welurka (Velour)

cdau.jpg