Rabbit Randomly Digging

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnyrabbitbella

Reaction score
I have a spayed mini lop that just turned 1 year old. I used to keep her in a large exercise pen but the sound of the cage rattling at night drove me nuts so I began free roaming her in my bedroom. She became more laid back and hasn't been too destructive after bunny proofing (covering the wires etc.) I moved about four months ago and she randomly became interested in digging and chewing my carpet. It's strange because she has never done this to this extent before. Every morning around 6 am she begins clawing my bedroom door as if she wants to get out and pulling out the carpet underneath it. I have read that this is a sign of boredom but she has plenty of wooden toys, plastic keys, pine cones, willow balls, tunnels, grass mats, hidey houses, cardboard boxes, unlimited hay, etc. I even made a digging box for her but she doesn't seem too interested. I have tried blocking off the doorway with my old exercise pen but I couldn't take the rattling noise. I also placed a rug in the area but she just moves it out of the way. I would give her access to more of the apartment if she's trying to explore the place but unfortunately my roommate wouldn't be too happy about that. I basically just need her to stop destroying the carpet and clawing the door!

Someone suggested to get a stuffed animal toy to keep her company but she ignores it. I am at a complete loss of what to try next.

If anyone has any tips/suggestions, please help!!:

If there’s room maybe lay a tile over the carpet area where she’s digging, hopefully she’ll go back to playing with her toys. Assuming your avatar is your bunny- she’s seriously cute!

Latest posts

Back