Rabbit pregnant at 2 months old?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is my rabbit pregnant?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

FiniZep

Reaction score
Hello, I need help please...

We just noriced that our lionhead rabbit's tummy is bigger than usual. Our male one is fine and they've been fed the same food. I can feel oval shaped things in her belly..but she's too young to be pregnant right? She's just laying down although she's eating, pooping just fine. I'm really worried. Do i need to go to the vet?

PS: We moved them inside cos itsi raining. The cage they're usually in is alot bigger than this one.
IMG_20190104_192514.jpg IMG_20190104_192651.jpg

Rabbit stomachs don't really get visibly larger; in the rare cases they do then its at the very end of their 31 day gestation. That would mean she got pregnant at 1 month. While getting pregnant at almost 3 months isn't unheard of, at 1 month its not at all possible. With palpation you're probably feeling the feces. I'd be pretty confident saying she isn't likely pregnant.

Rabbit stomachs don't really get visibly larger; in the rare cases they do then its at the very end of their 31 day gestation. That would mean she got pregnant at 1 month. While getting pregnant at almost 3 months isn't unheard of, at 1 month its not at all possible. With palpation you're probably feeling the feces. I'd be pretty confident saying she isn't likely pregnant.

I'm glad to hear that...but on the other hand, should I go to the vet to get her checked out? I'm scared itsi something else if not pregnant. Sorry, I'm a newbie rsbbit owner and everything gets me jumpy and nervous

Yes you might want to do it
Rabbits do, from my experience, often get paunchier bellies when theyre first weaned

Latest posts

Back