Rabbit pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinnabunn

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have two Holland lops (buck & doe). My buck got neutered a week ago and unfortunately before his surgery he managed to escape from the room he was in and get to my doe resulting in an unwanted litter. The kits will be 3 weeks this upcoming week. I am terrified that my doe is somehow pregnant again. I obviously do not want any more litters (which is why his neutering was scheduled and done already) I do not know if I’m just being paranoid or what, but after the doe gave birth she looked so much more thinner, fast forward 3 weeks to today & she is really big again. Could this be just from the milk she is producing and nursing and all the extra eating she is doing? She is eating a lot! I figured it was because she is nursing the 5 bunnies she had. She has had ZERO contact with the buck since giving birth. He is completely separated in a different room recovering from his neuter. I am just paranoid because I’ve read online that does can get pregnant while being pregnant? I don’t see how though, since the buck has not been anywhere near her, but her stomach doesn’t look normal. Any advice with nursing does, do they gain excessive weight? Is it possible im feeding her too much?

Last edited:
As long as you separated them before she gave birth. Rabbits can't really get pregnant while being pregnant; in the very rare cases that that does happen, and they have two different aged litters in each of their uterine horns, the second litter is just born underdeveloped instead of being retained and given birth to later, from all the cases Ive heard of

As long as you separated them before she gave birth. Rabbits can't really get pregnant while being pregnant; in the very rare cases that that does happen, and they have two different aged litters in each of their uterine horns, the second litter is just born underdeveloped instead of being retained and given birth to later, from all the cases Ive heard of
They had always been separated other than the one time he escaped and got her pregnant. Once I found him outside the room he was kept in I immediately put him back. I never even knew she was pregnant up until the night before I saw her making a nest and then she pulled fur. Their spay and neuter were scheduled for the same day but for obvious reasons now lol she wasn’t spayed. I’m just so paranoid she is somehow pregnant again. Her belly looks big! Im worried about her health and then the 5 bunnies she is currently nursing. She wouldn’t be able to feed both litters. I just REALLY hope she has gained weight because of her milk production and over eating.

Hello, I recently got a female rabbit and on Christmas my intact male escaped and got to her. It’s been about 30 days today and I think she’s pregnant but doesn’t really show any signs. She has bitten me once and begs for food but she is also a lop so it’s pretty normal, I gave her a nest box just in case and I tried to palpate her but I don’t know if I did it right. I can feel her nipples and they seem bigger, she seems to just poop in her nest box and eat all of the hat inside.

Hello, I recently got a female rabbit and on Christmas my intact male escaped and got to her. It’s been about 30 days today and I think she’s pregnant but doesn’t really show any signs. She has bitten me once and begs for food but she is also a lop so it’s pretty normal, I gave her a nest box just in case and I tried to palpate her but I don’t know if I did it right. I can feel her nipples and they seem bigger, she seems to just poop in her nest box and eat all of the hat inside.
Did you happen to start a new thread for this question? Sounds like you're doing everything you can. If she is using the nest box to poop in, make sure you clean it out and possibly move it away from where she normally poops. A few poops are normal, but don't let her pee in it. and give her lots of hay to build a nest with.

Did you happen to start a new thread for this question? Sounds like you're doing everything you can. If she is using the nest box to poop in, make sure you clean it out and possibly move it away from where she normally poops. A few poops are normal, but don't let her pee in it. and give her lots of hay to build a nest with.
No I didn’t make a thread I don’t really know how. It’s been 31 days now and still nothing.

Some take more than 30-31 days. She may not be pregnant. So, when mine get close to the end, they are obviously bigger, especially through the belly. They tend to lounge a lot, and breath harder, like panting. And if I press gently on their lower abdomen, I can usually feel tiny movements and wiggling. I hope that helps! To start a new thread, select new posts from the menu and then "post thread"

Latest posts

Back