Rabbit potentially in pain?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanice-Lila

Reaction score
Hi I’m just wondering if anyone actually knows what a hunched position looks like for rabbits? I’ve searched and searched on the internet and still don’t feel confident in saying whether my rabbit, Blue, is hunched or not. I just want to know if he’s in any pain because his droppings are currently half the size that they usually are and I think he may be doing less. He’s had a lot of vet visits in his life, as I adopted him and he had, and still does have a severe ear infection, he’s currently on pain killers, the vet suggested keeping him alive on these pain meds just in case he’s in pain until he hasn’t got a quality of life anymore and I’m starting to worry if he’s hurting. Here’s a photo of how he’s been sitting, not all the time but the past few times I’ve seen him. Excuse the veggies and droppings D43A0546-0096-46CA-80E6-58CE6DCC9C0A.jpeg

So sorry to hear about your rabbit Blue. 😢 I'm no expert, but from my experience with my own rabbits (sick or after surgery having them fixed), he does look hunched in pain. Is he as responsive as normal? Coming to you for pats or food? I think if he's lost interest in food or attention or is behaving unusually quietly, that's not a good sign.

See if other, more experienced members are able to give you more helpful advice. Is there no medication to clear the ear infection? Is chronic pain treatment the only option? Best of luck with him; I hope he comes through it.

oh the dear sweet boy. I hope he can be helped xx
Hi I’m just wondering if anyone actually knows what a hunched position looks like for rabbits? I’ve searched and searched on the internet and still don’t feel confident in saying whether my rabbit, Blue, is hunched or not. I just want to know if he’s in any pain because his droppings are currently half the size that they usually are and I think he may be doing less. He’s had a lot of vet visits in his life, as I adopted him and he had, and still does have a severe ear infection, he’s currently on pain killers, the vet suggested keeping him alive on these pain meds just in case he’s in pain until he hasn’t got a quality of life anymore and I’m starting to worry if he’s hurting. Here’s a photo of how he’s been sitting, not all the time but the past few times I’ve seen him. Excuse the veggies and droppings View attachment 60930
Same, ❤️

Signs of pain can include grinding the teeth, digging with the feet, and biting (that is what our female Abby did until i got her adequate pain meds after her spay). Hope your lively bunny is feeling all better soon!

Latest posts

Back