Rabbit poop looks weird

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahnicolexoxo25

Reaction score
I went to feed my bunny and saw he pooped and it was not his usual pellet droppings and was very wet like. Should I be concerned? 5F82759A-BD73-4BD6-AD6E-D31BEBE5A433.jpeg

Yes, that is concerning. Is that fur mats that came out with it, or did it just get stuck to it after coming out? Is your bun shedding currently? Does he get good quality grass hay each day, and does he eat a pile of it that's at least the size of his body? Any new foods recently, and does he get many high carb sugary treats?

I went to feed my bunny and saw he pooped and it was not his usual pellet droppings and was very wet like. Should I be concerned? View attachment 64270
this could be a clump of cecotropes.
im not sure what’s stuck to it, maybe litter?

if it is a cecotrope clump your bunny might have ignored it.
why?
your bunny’s diet might be unbalanced & therefore your bunny produces too many cecotropes, cecotropes that lack certain nutrients & are therefore not needed.
if this is the case, consider changing your bunny’s diet.

if it’s something your bunny couldn’t fully digest you should find what your bunny is consuming, not let them eat it again & consider visiting a vet.

general advice:
- observe your bunny’s droppings regularly.
- make sure your bunny has hay & clean water at all times.
- consider visiting a vet if your bunny is behaving differently
(like droppings & appetite)

Yes, that is concerning. Is that fur mats that came out with it, or did it just get stuck to it after coming out? Is your bun shedding currently? Does he get good quality grass hay each day, and does he eat a pile of it that's at least the size of his body? Any new foods recently, and does he get many high carb sugary treats?
It’s just bedding stuck to it and i make sure he always has hay available. he hasn’t had any poops like it since

this could be a clump of cecotropes.
im not sure what’s stuck to it, maybe litter?

if it is a cecotrope clump your bunny might have ignored it.
why?
your bunny’s diet might be unbalanced & therefore your bunny produces too many cecotropes, cecotropes that lack certain nutrients & are therefore not needed.
if this is the case, consider changing your bunny’s diet.

if it’s something your bunny couldn’t fully digest you should find what your bunny is consuming, not let them eat it again & consider visiting a vet.

general advice:
- observe your bunny’s droppings regularly.
- make sure your bunny has hay & clean water at all times.
- consider visiting a vet if your bunny is behaving differently
(like droppings & appetite)
i feel like it may have been a fresh dropping and that’s why it was still there. he’s still eating what he always has for 9 years and i always make sure he has fresh water and hay. i just hasn’t seen a poop like that before from him so i was a bit concerned but since then he hasn’t had any more like it!

Yes I think it looks like a cecotrope clump, He may have not eaten. Maybe he ignored it because he had excess cecotrope, which can be caused by stress or maybe too much sugar in the diet.

He might of gotten stressed about something just before you fed him, and is maybe why you haven't seen any other droppings like it since.

Latest posts

Back