Rabbit personalities are hilarious

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The personality of these two rabbits of mine are out of this world.

Shen came to my husband for attention. So he gives him attention. Xiao Wu comes up and pees on the blanket next to them, then stretches out into a laying position nearby. So Shen races around her, hops into the litterbox and jumps over her, peeing on her. These two were loafing next to the AC vent with the AC on. Xiao Wu began grooming herself, like a normal bunny would, and Shen started butting his head on her chin, forcing her to move, and he lays back down next to the vent while Xiao Wu hides to finish grooming.

And people thought only cats and dogs have such crazy personalities.

What am I to do with these two? They're hilarious and adorable. Shen used to be submissive to Xiao Wu. Now he's getting feisty. Probably the weather. These two do not fight. But they will find ways to get one another to move so they can get the other's treats, laying spot, even the hay. (This is why I have two litter boxes.) But never fight.

HAh!! My baby dandy likes to jump onto my face when I'm laying on the couch 🤣 and Tuli likes to snore 🤣 and then Dandy also enjoys running right in the middle of your legs when hea walking...😢 sometimes I trip over him cause he's so tiny and we have orange floors and hes is orange Xd

So cool that Shen and Xiao Wu goof around, and have each other for companionship. Were they always together, or did you have to bond them when they were older?

Sometimes I think about getting Ted a bunn companion, but I tell myself that it probably wouldn’t work out. He’s so spoiled, he’d likely be jealous if I paid any attention to another rabbit.

So cool that Shen and Xiao Wu goof around, and have each other for companionship. Were they always together, or did you have to bond them when they were older?

Sometimes I think about getting Ted a bunn companion, but I tell myself that it probably wouldn’t work out. He’s so spoiled, he’d likely be jealous if I paid any attention to another rabbit.
We got Xiao Wu when she was almost 6 months old, around a month older than Shen, from a rescue shelter. Since we got Shen from a breeder at 2 months old, we knew we had to slowly introduce each other after bringing Xiao Wu home. We kept them separate for a while, and after many attempts to go to Shen's side, we finally let them together. Been together since. It takes time to bond rabbits together and not all bonding attempts will be successful. So we count ours as a lucky bonding.

@ArtistChibi , yup, our fur-babies do that also. A bag can crinkle from the other room and they are anticipating it's a bunny timothy hay biscuit treat. Hub can crinkle a tootsie roll (for him, and tuck the tootsie rolls in his pocket) and mr/ms. bun out for playtime will be jumping on his lap or zoomin' over with inquisitive eyes.

Hub receives a periscoping visual when he grabs a carrot and banana for breakfast, and walks near the bunnies in their xpens or those during free-roam playtime!

Ditto on opening paragraphs! Certain humans have no clue and think rabbits are cage animals, barn animals. They have no idea of their unique personalities.

- I saw their unique personalities at the shelter when they could be cuddled or let out for xpen exercise.

The binkies are priceless.

@ArtistChibi -- I took our two elders to DVM yesterday for progress exams. The n/boys were comical to watch as they hopped back 'n' forth between their respective k/carriers about 3 feet apart, on the floor, on a towel. I counted 7 thumps by one of my boys while he hopped between the zones or sat in the far back area of his kennel carrier.

Another note: The 4th year extern massaged my (inoperable kidney stone) boy's cheeks and ears as primary care DVM did stethoscope listen, etc. Lil' man just soaked in the massages! She asks me, "does he prefer ear rubs or cheek massages ?" ~ I love when a human speaks and understands bunny language or has calming techniques.

---------------

OTOH, our (formerly abandoned) spayed young lionhead continues to charge and attack if you enter her xpen holding fresh hay in your hand. Band-aid applied to the fast-gash on my skin! She is a fierce lil' gal with airplane wings on her cheeks.

Latest posts

Back