Rabbit pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLuvMyLilBuns

Reaction score
I'm ordering Sherwood Forest for my pet adult buns and I'm wondering which to get. The first label is the adult pellets that is supposed to be fed unlimited and the second label is the pellets that you limit and feed with hay and veggies. Which would you guys suggest? Either way, I'll be limiting the pellets and supplementing with hay and veggies :)

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1410065086.292170.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1410065100.388722.jpg

Last edited:
I have been using the standard adult Sherwood Forest pellets for several months now and its been fantastic for both my bunnies. MUCH better than the food that is at the pet store. It can be feed unlimited but I also offer timothy hay even though its optional and also the occasional treat and some vegetables here and there. I highly recommend their product.

Last edited:
Feed the not-unlimited version. The unlimited version has better-looking fiber and fat stats, but since it's meant to be fed unlimited, it would have been formulated with very low levels of other essential minerals like potassium, sodium, calcium, etc. to avoid overdosing rabbits.

Since you're going to limit and supplement with hay and veg, go with the version formulated to go with hay and veg.

:yeahthat:

I remember wondering the same thing when I switched to Sherwood Forest. I still feed lots of hay along with daily greens. So I limit the amount of pellets. I'm almost positive I went with the one where they said the hay was optional.

My rabbits took to it right away. Though I have heard some others say their rabbits took awhile to get used to them.

Latest posts

Back