Rabbit pellets

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Hoppybunn

Reaction score
I'm struggling with the best rabbit pellets for breeding stock and growing juniit's. I have been using Purina Complete but not thrilled with it, some barely touch it, one gets loose poops from it. I was advised to get purina fiber 3 but it's near impossible to get and read alot of poor reviews. Do my question to breeders especially holland lops, what do you use and why, what are your results. Thanks so much for your time

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
Science select are very good in my opinion. My rabbits eat them readily a d they have the right amount of fibres etc

raven123

Reaction score
Also I suggest maybe Sherwood pellets because they are also great for bunnies and I’ve heard of a lot of people using them.

SableSteel

Reaction score
I feed Purina Complete. You might want to try Purina Show or Professional. It's a bit higher energy than Purina Complete and hollands are a higher energy breed. Complete is the lowest quality of their feeds technically. I have fed Kruse in the past as well. I've heard good things about Manna Pro

Also - a LOT depends on your local mill. If the food isn't fresh your rabbits wont be thrilled about it, so it's important to find out which mills are near you producing feed. Nothing beats asking local breeders what food they use

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, find out what other's are using locally. A local FB rabbit group is usually the best way to find out what other's are using and what is working well for them. You may even be able to find a group of people that have pallets of specific feeds shipped in to your area. I know some breeders around me have done that.

If cost is no object, sherwood is probably the way to go. Really high quality feed, just super expensive.

majorv

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides asking local breeders, learn how to read a feed tag. It will tell you when the feed was milled. We used Purina Show because it was easy to get, our rabbits ate it, and with all the FFA kids using it we knew it would be fresh.

Jadette

Reaction score
I use Manna Pro Sho because it's available to me through Tractor Supply. I always check the date on the bag though and will pass if it's more than 3 months old.

Latest posts