Rabbit pees on ground if left alone for too long??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetwobunnies

Reaction score
So one of my rabbits pees on the ground if he's left alone for too long without any interaction. Is this normal?? I'm sure he's not thinking of "revenge" or "getting even" does that even exist in the animal world??

So I was wondering if this normal? I'm assuming it's only one of my rabbits since he did this before I got my other rabbit... And my second rabbit never peed on the ground ever...

The rabbit who I think is peeing on the ground is a male, is neutered and has been for a few years. I've had him for a few years and my second rabbit I got two years ago and she is also neutered and has been for around a year. And they are successfully bonded and have been for nearly a year.

I thought he had a UTI before so I took him to the vet and they ran tests and they said everything was normal.

Haha, it could very well be revenge peeing :D From memory I think it's Troller's bunny Xena that does revenge pees :p

It's strange that he would do it due to being left alone since he is bonded. How long of a period of time does it take? I suppose the simple solution is to simply spend more time with them. Or not necessarily more time, but shorter, more frequent periods of time.

LOL, animals surprise you in so many ways! And well, it really depends I'd say if I don't go in and give him a good pet for 4~ hours during the evening when he's starting to wake up, he'll pee on the floor. Sometimes it's a massive puddle other times it's a 2" diameter small puddle...
I recently went out of town for 2.5 days and had a wonderful friend come over a few times a day to tend my pets and though she didn't mention it, I saw massive amounts of pee soaked paper towels in the trash can and I felt horrible and embarrassed!

It's not daily (thank God) I guess somedays I'm more busy than others.

Haha, it could very well be revenge peeing :D From memory I think it's Troller's bunny Xena that does revenge pees :p

:yeahthat:

Wow I'm actually shocked someone remembers that.

Now back to the thread. I don't know your bunny but I can tell you I have no doubt, for a fact, my Xena does pee in retaliation for a slight. Move her litterbox when she's in the vicinity she'll pee in the empty space. Shoo her away from one part of the living room she'll go to the couch, pee on it, then head back to her room. Every time when she and Conan (her bondmate) have a tiff there is a pee spot in the last spot he laid on. So it could be your bunny is letting you know he's upset and telling you in a very obvious way.

Latest posts

Back