Rabbit peeing very little for urinalysis..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
How can I make her pee more and fast? She pees very little which is no enough for the vet.

You can make water have a taste (berries jucie, pineapple). The more they drink will lead to more urine produced naturally.

Maybe soaking greens in water will make your bunny to produced more urine. It’s a way to make them get more water into their system.

Also putting light pressure on the stomach/kidney can trigger peeing. I’ve noticed it when I’ve massaged my bunny tummy he will always pee. But then it would need to have urine normally in the bladder.

Last edited:
You can make water have a taste (berries jucie, pineapple). The more they drink will lead to more urine produced naturally.

Maybe soaking greens in water will make your bunny to produced more urine. It’s a way to make them get more water into their system.

Also putting light pressure on the stomach/kidney can trigger peeing. I’ve noticed it when I’ve massaged my bunny tummy he will always pee. But then it would need to have urine normally in the bladder.
Thank you I’m late but it worked out! The results came back normal a little lost because she still dribbles pee. Don’t know what to do next?!

How old is she and is she spayed? I've heard of a weak sphincter below the bladder or elsewhere on the Urinary tract that could account for dribbling urine. How was the calcium level in her urine?

How old is she and is she spayed? I've heard of a weak sphincter below the bladder or elsewhere on the Urinary tract that could account for dribbling urine. How was the calcium level in her urine?
She 1 years old and spayed. You think she has a weak bladder as in she has trouble controlling it. Not sure the doctor didn’t tell me about her calcium. I should ask.
What do you think I should do next?

You said it yourself-ask the vet about calcium levels! Hope that everything's okay in there!

Thanks! I’ll call first thing when they open up see what’s going on. Wouldnt you think they looked at that when they got the results? I Hope they did and not just rushing through them

Hello everyone thank you for helping me. And for suggesting that I ask for calcium levels. Turns out she has crystals in her urine 😞 I’m upset that they called six days later only to tell me that she has crystals when at first they said she was “ perfectly healthy”

I'm glad the mystery has been solved! While them not catching the crystals the first time around is not ideal, they are very hard to spot under a microscope, especially if the clinic is short staffed or or extremely booked. What is the plan to correct the issue? And what are you feeding?

I'm glad the mystery has been solved! While them not catching the crystals the first time around is not ideal, they are very hard to spot under a microscope, especially if the clinic is short staffed or or extremely booked. What is the plan to correct the issue? And what are you feeding?
Right! I’m glad I know the cause of all this. They gave me 30 days worth of potassium citrate. After that we’ll do another urinalysis. For feeding her normal diet only thing is no more fruits for her.

Latest posts

Back