Rabbit peeing and seeming in pain!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pattycccc

Reaction score
My 2-year-old rabbit suddenly started peeing on the corners of his playpen and getting in a bun loaf in random spots he never lays on. He's acting unnaturally and even let me half pick him, up, which he never usually does. I think he's in pain(because he was on his stomach)and set him in the litter box to get it all out. He peed a bunch in there while standing still, tail up, nose twitching fast. He nudged away the lavender I offered him. He's now laying in there. What should I do? Did he eat something bad?

You should contact your vet ASAP, bunnies showing signs of illness can deteriorate very fast especially if he is refusing to eat because of pain, he will eventually suffer with GI stasis which can be fatal within 48 hours. Wishing your little guy a speedy recovery.

You should contact your vet ASAP, bunnies showing signs of illness can deteriorate very fast especially if he is refusing to eat because of pain, he will eventually suffer with GI stasis which can be fatal within 48 hours. Wishing your little guy a speedy recovery.
Luckily he is acting normal now and eating and drinking. But there is one concern. He had this really slushy looking poop in the middle of a field of healthy poops. Should that be a big concern? Every other poop is healthy except that one is slushy and watery. He's being normal and healthy, so I don't know what to do...

You should keep monitoring his output. If it is just a single odd poop, then it might have been just his digestive tract having a small reboot. If the slushy ones come more, i would contact a vet to see what's up.

Glad to hear he seems better. Just one abnormal poop is not too much of a concern. I have occasionally seen the odd one could even be just an uneaten caecotroph, they are softer and sometimes look mushy if stepped on. Just keep checking all his droppings make sure it doesn’t keep happening :)

Latest posts

Back