Rabbit pee hurts?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiimorii

Reaction score
So recently we got a new rabbit and my mom accidentally touched the pee. The pee was red. She said that the area where the pee stung. Is this dangerous? Should we get her to the Doctor?

If your rabbit is peeing blood, she does need to see a vet. Like humans, it is not healthy to pee blood and a professional, rabbit vet needs to help.

Some rabbit pee can be very very orange, looking like red, so that's something to keep in mind.

That being said, if you recently got her, it would be wise to take her to the vet regardless for a full checkup and establish a relationship between your vet and your new rabbit.

I agree with the above. But most of the time red urine in rabbits is not blood its due to something in the diet. I agree with taking her to the vet if you recently got her so your vet knows what "her" "normal" is. But if it is just the vagina that is red sometimes it can be a purple color it just means that she is wanting to breed.

Latest posts

Back