Rabbit Paintings & Portraits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandhills,

There is so much likeness from the original picture to thedrawing. Your colors really bring out thepicture. Pink on the ears......shades ofgreen.....contrasting leaves.....neutral sky.....even the white detailyou put on the bunnies.

Rainbows! :)

I am just in awe. The Monkeys lookamazing. It's likeI can reach right in and kiss their noses.They look so sweet and peaceful. I am amazed by your work.

Tina

Posting Sandhillswebsite address so that those who are interested in her work know whereto contact her to commission her pieces. Isn't it awesome that she hasbecome so busy with her fabulous talent?!

We should feel very blessed that sheshared her talent and love of bunnies with us the way she did.

Please support her endeavors!

http://www.sandhillsartistry.com

RaspberrySwirl

You must all think i've been in the witness protection program or something..... I've been m.i.a for quite a while!
I've really missed Rabbits Only, and have been itching to get back here to see what's been going on since I was away.

Lots of news where I'm at. We just bought a new house, and are in theprocess of the big move.... we are moving to a little town called "Thevillage of Bennet" (that's it's offical name!) and have been busygetting permits for our rabbits. We are only allowed to have up to 20with a permit, so I guess no more bringing home bunnies from thepetstore.

My flemish-holland cross, Amaretto is over 18 lbs! The town(ahem....er....'village') that we are moving too doesnt allow any"farm-type" animals over 20 lbs within the town's city limits, and theyconsider rabbits 'farm' animals. I'm just praying and praying that mybig girl doesnt get even bigger!

Carmelita had a litter of 5 little babes, and they all passed on within24 hours. They appeared to be peanuts (they had the typical peanut lookto them, and were pretty small).

Two rabbits I rescued from a horrible petstore here in Lincoln camehome infected with Ringworm, and I unknowingly came down with ittoo..... what fun that was!

Anyways, I guess that's all the new news I can think of rightnow........ I'll go check and see what I've been missing out on, and ifI can think of anything I'll keep you all posted.

Oh.... since I'm sticking this in the "portraits & paintings" thread I'll add a few more portraits.

This is one I did for my mom for her birthday yesterday:

95423416.jpg

And here's a few that I took to the Reptile Expo in Omaha last month:

95423412.jpg

95423408.jpg

95423405.jpg

and one of a parrot I did, which also went to the reptile expo, just sonot all my offerings there were reptile-related. I also took plenty ofbunny paintings too:

95423414.jpg

Annie's artwork is incredible! Sherecently did a number of original Holland Lop paintings for ourupcoming sweepstakes awards which I have featured on the front page ofour club website . . .

04Awards.jpg

Gosh, I've missed you, Anne. :)

It's so good to see your paintings and haveyouback. I've sent you PMs. Please be sure to take alook.

Congratulations on your new home.

Amaretto is 18 lbs??? Good Lord! :shock:

So sorry to hear about Carmelita and her little ones. :(

Also really sorry to hear about the ringworm episode. I hope you all recovered and are back to full health.

Great to see you again - and thanks for adorning the forum with more of your gorgeous artwork.

-Carolyn

pamnock wrote:
Annie's artwork is incredible! She recently did a number oforiginal Holland Lop paintings for our upcoming sweepstakes awardswhich I have featured on the front page of our club website . . .

04Awards.jpg

Wow! Thanks so much for posting the picture! I knew that you recievedthem, and the additional prints, but I didnt get a chance to email backbecause we've been so swamped with the impending move. (Needless to sayI just checked my inbox here at at my two email addresses and i've gota LOT of replying to do!)

The frames you got for the paintings & prints looks so good withthe little name plaques on them! That is such a classy touch :)

Annie

The name plates look awesome! (Ihadn't finished putting them all on when I took the photo).The trophy place did a really nice job on them, although I was a littlesurprised at the cost of over $160 for 20 little metal plates:shock: The package was no bigger than my hand LOL

Pam

Carolyn wrote:
Gosh, I've missed you, Anne. :)

It's so good to see your paintings and have you back. I've sent you PMs. Please be sure to take a look.

Congratulations on your new home.

Amaretto is 18 lbs??? Good Lord! :shock:

So sorry to hear about Carmelita and her little ones. :(

Also really sorry to hear about the ringworm episode. I hope you all recovered and are back to full health.

Great to see you again - and thanks for adorning the forum with more of your gorgeous artwork.

-Carolyn

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and words..... I just checked my p.m. box, and see that i've got some responding to do!

Amaretto is getting to be one BIG girl. She cant get any bigger,though, so i'm going to have to tell her that she better be donegrowing!!

Carmelita seems to be doing well even though the tragic passing of allof her little babes. She's such a wonderful bunny, and is such anamazing mother. The 24 hours that she had her babies she seemed to doteon them in the way only a loving mother could...... I am positive thatthere was no chance of their survival, and it is clear to me that shedid everything she could have.

The ringworm episode was NOT fun! I had a big splotch of ringworm righton my chest near the base of my neck, that could not be hidden fromview easily. It was quite a humbling experience...... everytime i hadto go out to the store i felt like people would think that i had thecreeping-crud (which i guess i did, didnt i?). Luckily, my ringwormcleared up in just a couple weeks..... I'm still treating Lickerish andKoKo, just because they had more instances of ringworm then I did, andI'm using a milder pet-variety treatment on them then I used on myself.

Thanks for the congratulations on the house..... I'm excited about it,but worried, too. I'm hoping we made the right decision in buying ahome, but the sticker shock is going to take some getting used to. Weare used to $500 rent payments, and now my mortgage payment is around$800...... { sigh }.

Annie

You'll get the money figured out,Anne. You'll just have to start charging more for yourpaintings!NO HANDOUTS!! :)

-Carolyn

pamnock wrote:
The name plates look awesome! (I hadn't finished putting themall on when I took the photo). The trophy place did a really nice jobon them, although I was a little surprised at the cost of over $160 for20 little metal plates :shock: The package was no bigger than my handLOL

Pam

Lol.... isnt it amazing that such a little package could be worth thatmuch $$$!! That's how it goes, though...... I just recently orderedbusiness cards and paid about $100 for them, and when the postmandelivered them in a box the size of a pop-tart container I thought thatthere had to be a mistake!!!

Imounted the champion and reservesweepstakes paintings in large frames and put the metal plates on theglass. This photo doesn't do it justice -- but they lookfantastic!

pamnock wrote:
I mounted the champion and reserve sweepstakes paintings inlarge frames and put the metal plates on the glass. This photo doesn'tdo it justice -- but they look fantastic!

I do like how the paintings look being mounted in the frames, with thelittle name plates on the glass :) Very spiffy looking!!

The nameplates are definitely Sharp, Pam. :)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back