Rabbit Paintings & Portraits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how scanners are. In my photos of my boys as babies you can't see half the details the real photos have.

I can't wait to see more but don't rush or push yourself! Take a break!

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
VNess, I'm working on your bunny painting. I'm also currently workingon paintings for Carolyn, Lissa, and the list goes on and on. Iapologize to everyone that's been waiting so patiently for theirpaintings.
No need to apologize!! Take all the time you need, I'm notgoing anywhere!! I respect your talent soo much, and I thinkyou are doing this incredibly fast, I don't think you're taking a longtime at all!!! Thank you for doing this!

-Vanessa

That portrait is stunning!

I love the wood floor, and that he's snuggled up with a blankie... My Bster does that with a facecloth...

Oh so very cute...

:)

Very pretty and makes me want to lay down and snuggle with the bunny on the rug!!!

Cristy

Oh Annie, I am always just flat outAwestruck. You never cease to amaze me. You have so much talent. Everysingle painting is like looking in a window. I always feel I can reachright in and pet the animal be it furred or scaled.

I must admit...'Working In the Garden' has really touched me. I absolutely love it.

One day when you are able to take a breath I will contact youabout having you possibly doing an Apollo painting. I won't ask untilthen. You are a very talented Artist and an Amazing person.

Tina

I decided to post this on the message board to make it a public 'Thank You' rather then a PM.

As many of you know, Sandhills donated a painting for the 4-H Raffle. Well I received it today. :D

However, I have received a painting of one of my rabbits already fromSandhills so I knew what kind of package to expect. Well, this time thepackage was a bit different. After unwrapping and unwrapping plasticwrap, I was pleasantly to find the original painting!

I was just expecting a print of the painting and was excited over thethought of a print. You can just imagine the look I gave whenI found the original inside. :D

As Sandhills stated, this girl doesn't have a horrid skin disease LOL! The scan doesn't give this painting justice.

I just wanted to share the 'extra mile' that Sandhills went for the 4-H Auction/Raffle. :D

Thanks Sandhills!

With much excitement,
Amanda
*runs off to call 4-H Advisor*

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
Here's the 4-H auction picture:
(once again, i have to apologize about the resolution..... it'shorrible..... In the picture the little girl holding the bun looks likeshe's got some horrid skin disease, and she really doesnt look likethat in real life! I promise!)

89582086.jpg
I just scanned the painting and it turned out so well I thought I'd share.
Since there is such a big difference in the 'skin' ;)
This gives this painting more justice.
4HRaffle.jpg

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
Here's another portrait..... I've still got other people'sportraits to finish up on. I'm really sorry about the delay. Thingshave been very hectic and crazy here, but that's way too long of astory to tell right now. I'll have to save it for my Sandhills Familythread.

This one's called "working in the garden", and was inspired by apicture of a bunny next to a shovel that I stumbled across on the net.

90324155.jpg

Whata COOL Picture! It really picks up how theyjust have to get in the middle of everything you're doing, and thengive you that look of innocence, like "What??? I'm just helpin!!"

All of your paintings are Gorgeous, Sandhills. I've run out of words to express how moving they are.

-Carolyn

Just logged into R.O, and am trying to catch upon posts that i've missed while being M.I.A since the past holidayweekend. Thanks everyone for the kind posts on the paintings.... I'msorry that I havent had a chance to reply back until now.

Pamnock & Carolyn, thanks for your wonderful compliments on thepaintings..... :) I've been totally swamped lately with getting readyfor my husband's BIG reptile expo next weekend, so I havent had achance to post anymore pictures this week. As soon as things die downhere a little bit and are'nt so hectic, I'll post pictures just as Inormally do.

Pam, I'll be emailing or p.m'ing you scans of the paintings that I'vebeen working on for you in the next week or so. The will be ready toship out sometime during the week of April 11th.

Dwarf_Angel, I'm glad the painting arrived okay. I mounted it usingArtist's Adhesive to a white matboard because of some wrinkling of thepaper due to the watercolors used. If I didnt use ink, charcoal pencil,and colored pencil in addition to the watercolor I could use a muchheavier watercolor paper that would eliminate the ripple effect.Unfortunately, I cant use all my different pencils and inks onwatercolor paper with the effect that I prefer, so I have to use muchthinner paper.... :-( I hope that the spray adhesive is holding okay.Hopefully the rippling wont be as noticeable when framed.

For the person that shall remain nameless that never recieved the printthat I sent out..... I'll send off a duplicate copy pronto. I have yourmom's name and addy now, and will send the print to that address. Iwill make sure to also send this copy registered mail and withinsurance. I know that this was done the last time, and it didntprevent it getting lost in the mail, but at least this way we will be'protected' in case the postal service looses the parcel a 2nd time.

Bancrpt, thanks for the thumbs up on the artwork! Everyone's kind words always make my day :)

I just want to let everyone know that I'm not intentionally stayingaway from Rabbits Only, and really want to get back to posting tons andtons just like I used to. I dont want you all to think I'm 'lost cause'on the board. I'll be back (and that's not a threat, it's a promise!lol)

I probably wont have much time to log on to R.O until after the 10th(the Reptile Expo) just because of how chaotic and hectic it is rightnow, preparing for the show.

It's always nice to hear from you, Sandhills.

No worries about not being around. We knew you were going tobe busy. We'll be here anytime you have a moment or need totake a break from your hectic schedule.

In the meantime, have a good time at the show. I hope yousell a lot of paintings - I'm certain you will if you're bringingthem. Your artwork is hard to resist.

Talk soon,

-Carolyn

Good to hear from you Annie! It's beenhectic here also. I'll have to send a sample certificate toyou to give you an idea of what I need for the top lop certificates.

Really looking forward to seeing what you've done so far :)

Thanks,

Pam

4gg46r

This is the portriat of Buster and Tucker Annie did for me...

Isn't it GORGEOUS!

Words can't EVEN describe how preciuos it is to me!

4gg5ls

and this is the original pic I ave to her, and just asked her to change the background,

AMAZING!!!!!

Monkeys!!!!!

Sandhills,

That picture of The Monkeys is so sweet. Another fabulouspiece of art!Once again, you've captured themagic.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back