Rabbit not moving or eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how many hours are you in actually but at the first signs:
-Empty the toilet of the bunny and monitor whether he/she poops or not, that way you can make sure (almost make sure) that he/she has a blockage or not (no poops means blockage probably).
-Once that is confirmed, 20ml of Critical care can be administered.

Besides this you are free to give him/her:
baby gas drops (very important)
Painkiller (here we have meloxy for example)

I gave him about 1 1/2 cc of simethicone, but I’m pretty sure that he spit most of it out. Do I give him more in an hour, and is there anything else I can do for him?

For future reference...

When you use the dropper/syringe to give the simethicone, place it not in the main part of his mouth but in the cheek area between the cheek and the teeth. Just squirt a little in, he'll reflexively swallow it, then keep squirting little bits, allowing him time to swallow, until the whole dose is administered.

This method reduces the waste since he won't spit it out. It also helps prevent the risk of squirting it down his throat and causing him to aspirate.

Reactions: Fuz
Do I give him more in an hour, and is there anything else I can do for him?

1-2 cc (20mg/ml suspension) can be given as often as every hour for three doses, then 1 cc every three to eight hours.

How do I know when to take a more drastic measure?

If he starts eating and continues pooping, then he's doing better. If you are seeing improvement then there is no need for a vet.

I think he’s completely fine now. He’s eating, running around, and being as energetic as he normally is. Thank you so much for your help. I would’ve been completely lost without it.

I’ll be sure to keep a close eye on him just in case, though.

Latest posts

Back