Rabbit not moving or eating (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven123

Reaction score
Hey sorry I haven’t been active for a while but we just have been having some problems with our bunny Skylar. So I’ve been really busy these past couple days and my bunnies have been at my moms house and lately I’ve been at my dads house all day for the past couple days and I would always feed them before I left and give them water. Yesterday I spent the day at my dads and assumed my mom would give them food and water. Today I came home about an hour or two ago to my moms house and my bunny Skylar wasn’t really moving and I gave them pellets and she didn’t do anything so I carried her to the pellets. She ate some but then stopped after a while. I just put the bunnies in their carrier because now it’s my dads week to have me and my brother so the bunnies come with us. Now I had to carry them both into the carrier which isn’t uncommon. But I noticed my mom didn’t give them any water so I put some in the carrier and my other bunny, Hermione, went straight for the water while Skylar just sat there and did nothing. I tried giving her some water through a syringe but she wouldn’t do anything. I will try the syringe again once we go to my dads house but I’m really worried about my little girl.

I would try some leafy greens to see if she will eat those on her own. Try to stick with ones she's used to if possible. If that doesn't work, baby gas drops(simethicone, dosage in the link) can sometimes help get them eating again. But if you can't get her eating, you need to get her seen by a knowledgeable rabbit vet right away, today if possible. If not, then tomorrow morning at the latest, if she still isn't eating and back to normal by then.

https://rabbit.org/gastrointestinal-stasis-the-silent-killer-2/
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

It’s too late… I checked up on her about 10 minutes ago and I noticed she was flopped over in the carrier in an uncomfortable position and I touched her and she didn’t move as well she wasn’t breathing and her eyes were glazed over. It was too late… I was too late.

I think she left because of GI stasis because of how she was acting.

thank all of you. it was a hard night and Hermione has been searching the room a little and I'm guessing it is for skylar. At my mom's house we put Skylar in a shoe box with two of her favorite toys and buried her in the backyard.

Aw, i'm so sorry for your loss. Poor Hermione, he'll be missing Skylar a lot.

Thank you all. I've been monitoring Hermione to make sure she's ok and last week was just extremely busy so I wasn't able to catch Skylar's GI stasis in the earlier stages.

Latest posts

Back