Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenzie122_

Reaction score
My female rabbit is holding shavings in her mouth and wont let me take them out. Is she sick and do i need to call the vets? Shes also been stealing bit of carpet. Is she nesting?

If there isn't a male around, and she's an unspayed female - that's a false pregnancy. Completly normal. Rabbits evolved to multiply, so that instincts and hormones are what you see.

If there isn't a male around, and she's an unspayed female - that's a false pregnancy. Completly normal. Rabbits evolved to multiply, so that instincts and hormones are what you see.
I do have a male, hes kept separate but my family like to pretend that they havent let him get to her so I honestly dont know if theyve been together. As long as she isnt poorly that all im bothered about

If there's any doubt, offer lots of hay as nesting material, and a nestbox if feasable.

Faslse pregnancys are common among intact females, quite normal now and then.But all those claims about "breeding through wire" had some people around, curious, often young people, resulting in real pregnancys.

My female rabbit is holding shavings in her mouth and wont let me take them out. Is she sick and do i need to call the vets? Shes also been stealing bit of carpet. Is she nesting?
I'd say she's definitely nesting.
My last girl did this soooo often it hurt my heart so I did get her a friend. They were separated till they both fully recouped from their fixes.
She still did it even after she was fixed.

This spring, I am noticing my new girl is trying to collect materials, and my fella has also gone hormonal trying to nip my girls bum🙄, giving chance and trying to mount.. but they have not had any fights so this is all normal instilled behaviour. Just not something that has happened with these two in the 3 years they been together 🤷‍♀️
Silly rabbits 🤦‍♀️

Latest posts

Back